• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mirrors

Redsled

I'm thinking about adding mirrors to my RX-1 this season.

Anybody know the Yamaha part numbers for the various mirrors available to fit the RX-1?
I know there is a "touring kit" that can be purchased that includes mirrors as well.
I cannot find the part numbers on their website for any mirrors.

Thanks!

I installed the new RS Venture style mirror set. Part # 8ET-W2628-00-00 for $79.95.

These mirrors mount on the windshield and are for the RS and RX.

I like mine as you can see behind you without moving and they fold back for putting your cover on.

You can order the mirror set from Port-Yamaha.

I have the same ones that Snorover has and they are sweet.

I have had both styles on my RX-1. The RS Venture style mirror set. Part # 8ET-W2628-00-00 for $79.95. are so much better .the other style you could not see very well behind you.although they were easier to install ,as the RS style are a pain in the a$$ to install. i used 2 stainless steel acorn nuts to fill in the holes on my cowl from the other style mirrors.

The most functional set-up for mirrors on the RX/RS sleds is the RS Venture style that came out last season. Usually after selling mirror kits you never hear back from the customer. I know the RS Venture style kits are good because I've heard it at least a dozen times "those are the best mirrors I've ever had on a snowmobile". The reason they work so good is because they are at eye level. You can be looking down the trail and just look left or right and see out of them. Most other mirror kits require you to look down to find them and them get your view. Here's a link to the Venture style in our online catalog.

www.portyamaha.com/eshopprod_cat_1458-3 ... or_Set.htm

Here's a link to the touring kit and the other style mirrors that fit the RX/RX sleds. The problem with the touring kit mirrors is that they are a small fixed postion mirrror and require you to look down to see them. The other mirrrors are the ones that bolt onto the side of the hood behind the windshield on the side of the sled. These can sometimes be hard to find and see through as they are positioned in a way that you kind of have to look through the handlebars to see them. Feel free to ask more questions as there definitely are options in the mirror catagory it kinda of boils down to function vs. fashion when it comes to these mirrors.

Touring Kit
www.portyamaha.com/eshopprod_cat_1458-3 ... g_Kit_.htm

8CR Mirror Kit
www.portyamaha.com/eshopprod_cat_1458-3 ... or_Kit.htm

Adding mirrors to your RX-1 is a great way to give it a unique look. You can find UTV Mirrors in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors at your local hardware store. To install them, simply remove the existing screws from the side of the helmet, and then screw the mirror into place. Be sure to use a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the screws so that they fit snugly. You may need to use a piece of tape or something similar to hold the mirror in place while you screw it in. Once the mirror is secure, replace the screw and tighten it down. That's all there is to it! Enjoy your newly customized RX-1 helmet!

Last edited:

Back