• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mirrors

03RX1

I'm looking to add some mirrors before snow flies, but it looks as though we lost all of the prior discussion on this topic. Wadda ya say we revive it?

1) What style did you use?
2) Where did you attach it/them?
3) How did they work?

I put the regular Yamaha mirrors on in the desigated spot that has the dimples on the inside of the hood, except I turned them slightly to get a better look behind the sled and I also added a couple of washers to the back bolt to also get that better sight to the rear.

Sit on your sled and play with it and you will see what is required.

I have both the standard Yami mirrors and the touring mirrors on my sled. The standard mirror works best while the touring mirrors add some much needed wind protection. 8) 8)

These are stock Yamaha mirrors:

47b3d605b3127cce8d64f512a6610000001610

47b3d605b3127cce8d65cf3607240000000610[img]

Ohlins

Not only do they look good, they work great too.

Used standard mirrors on my rx1 last year --kept seeing my mitts.
Going to try a pair of R1 mirrors on the warrior.[they have longer arms]also longer price tag--but 8)

I am thinking of adding a pair of cat mirrors to my Warrior. They screw right on to the windshield and your mits are not in the way. I used them on my 800 xcr and they worked great. :twisted:

I had the same mitt problem on my RX1. Save your money and put the mirrors on the wrong side of the sled. They don;t look as good but they work much better.

tconarx1
Ok, you are telling us that there are standard mirror for all yami's and special ones for the RX1 now?
I have an 03 and the mirrors (same one I used for my SRX) I put on have limited range of motion. You can not get a goo view of the back and sides without tipping them downward. Not enought swival range. Is the true with others ?

Mirror

I am using a velcro attach mirror. It attaches to the grip and the nice thing about it is , it can be removed in seconds.

hd_yamaha
The mirrors I used are from the R1[bike].I thought they could be mounted in a different spot than the regular yami mirrors to get away from the handle bars.The mounting base is angled differently than the regular mirrors & the arms are longer,so I was able to mount them lower on the hood.
Long story short---they are better than the regular mirrors--- but not that much to offset he difference in price.Too bad yamaha did'nt develope a mirror for this hood.

BUCKEYE ON THE TURBO

TALKED TO ED TODAY . TOLD HIM HE SHOULD BE SEEING THE OTHER TURBO INNOVEMBER. CAN;T KEEP THEM IN STOCK SEE YOU GUYS AT EPPING GRASS DRAGS I'LL HAVE MY SLED THERE I HOPE PUTTING IT TOGETHER NOW SEE YA GREG

i have bike mirror, that one my dealer recommend

Attachments

• 0032.jpg
    0032.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 406
  • 0057.jpg
    0057.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 391

Back