• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Missing Studs vs Too long studs?

SidewinderConvert

4-Stroke Rookie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'18 Sidewinder XTX-SE
I got up north to fix clutches/studs only to find out that the woody's rep was wrong on the length of stud that I have (He thought I had 1.575" studs, turns out I have 1.450" studs). Odds are I am not going to be able to get replacements in time for a 5 day trip next week, although I will try my best. In the event I do not get the correct length stud, would it be better to run 21 missing studs or 21 that are slightly too long?

Depends on where they are missing. You don't want a track out of balance.

What KnappAttack said, and I wouldn't run long ones. They are going to take the majority of abuse, etc possibly causing a pullout. Especially if they're singles. IMHO make sure the existing studs are properly spaced for balance, and run without the longer studs until you can get everything the same length.

I got up north to fix clutches/studs only to find out that the woody's rep was wrong on the length of stud that I have (He thought I had 1.575" studs, turns out I have 1.450" studs). Odds are I am not going to be able to get replacements in time for a 5 day trip next week, although I will try my best. In the event I do not get the correct length stud, would it be better to run 21 missing studs or 21 that are slightly too long?
Turns out I have a bunch of those studs. Gold diggers 1.450. Brand new. I got a clutch puller also? Let me know. I’m home tomorrow evening.

Back