• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mobile 1 European Formula 0w40

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
I did a search and found nothing about using this oil in the vipers. I used it in my RX1 and still use it in my wife’s attack without issues. Are there any of you using it in the vipers.
On a side note I went to my usual Yamaha place to get some 0w40 yamalube and they wanted $32 for a liter so that why I’m asking about the mobile 1.

Not a Viper but I've been using that exact oil in both our Phazers and Doo 4-strokes, no issues at all. I had bought a couple 12 quart boxes of it two years ago for $50 each but those prices are long gone. I'll probably switch to 5w-30 next oil change due to better availability.

As far as I am concerned Oil is Oil as long as it meets the specs. I regularly use 0-40 Mobile One or T6 Rotella in all my machines for the past 15 years. Yamaha, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Ford, GMC etc are not in the oil business. They sub it out to a manufacturer and likely at the best price.

I’ve been using this in my 2016 Viper since new,

That’s exactly what I thought guys, thanks. I just wanted to confirm it just in case.
Didn’t think the viper engine would be much different than the attack or RX1 for oil, especially since they all take the same oil to begin with. At $32/liter I will never use yamalube again.

Here is my oil change kit.

Attachments

• 20220320_140008[1].jpg
    20220320_140008[1].jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 116
I did a search and found nothing about using this oil in the vipers. I used it in my RX1 and still use it in my wife’s attack without issues. Are there any of you using it in the vipers.
On a side note I went to my usual Yamaha place to get some 0w40 yamalube and they wanted $32 for a liter so that why I’m asking about the mobile 1.
I switched to Mobil one a few years ago, as Yamaha was just jacking prices too much.
I use it in my customers sleds. When it comes on sale at Canadian Tire, I fill a shopping cart full.
I have no issues with Pennzoil as well.

I have been using Mobile 1 0W 40 since my first oil change. I use a Wix 51356 filter.
It is the same as the 51358 listed above except it is slightly larger. I believe about 0.4 inch longer. Yes it will fit. It’s the same filter that is on my Mazdaspeed Miata. I went to the larger filter so I could have less inventory. I usually buy my filters by the case.

Time for a new dealer. Highest I’ve ever paid is 19$ a lt. Last years order of 32lts it was only 14.75. We go through a lot every year lol. 19$ for a filter. Still stupid expensive for what it is but so far we’ve stuck with it. Was considering going a different route this fall though with the increases. This is in Saskatchewan too.

Stupid phone.
i got it fixed. i suffer from fat fingers as well.

i used amsoil in the rx one year but my dealer gives me a good deal on the kits/parts so i have been supporting him.

Back