• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Modded 07' Attak Cutching

Stock attak gearing @ 23/38 with a 70 link chain.

Im really after the acceleration especially since I race in the NBSSR series which is only 2000ft of glare ice but still like my top end speed. Only thing is im not sure im going to get it with this track and this many studs anyways. Im debating taking the 54 studs out of the outer belts if it handles like crap and only putting them in for the races, so that would help a little for top end.

With a 22 tooth gear I would have to also switch to a 68 link chain I think.

I run 23/40. Works way better on snow. If I was going to run some radar, then I would be running 24/40, which is the same as 23/38.

Just an update

Took studs out, now down to 188

Track is to yamaha specs even with Wahl extroverts (try to minimize balloning)

Got a new map thanks to allen to run on 91 octane

Ran it like this and she still only revs at 10 000 rpm

Took my tip weight off and now its closer to 10500, but it doesnt peak like everyone elses off the line and drop, then slowly pick back up.

Now im thinking of taking the white secondary spring and wrapping it 3-3 to see how the revs do. But why is this under revving still?, shouldnt the extra power of the headers bring the revs up a bit?

Also, my ctc is slightly off by like 1mm or so, and the offset looks good too

Mine goes to 10,500-10,600 and shoots to 11,200. I have to add tip weight. I would put Allens silver spring back in at 6-3 and try that first.. The white springs works awesome on hard ground. If you are not on hard ground, it could be causing you issues..

Thanks, but 6-3 was where I had it before, this thing just wont rev for me!

Im trying this on a totally flat secret lake with packed snow (will be packed once I run it a ton of times)

This is also with an ultimax XS belt, maybe that could be throwing things off?

Or maybe my alignment is still wonky....

Just an update, had another member contact me and tell me that when he installed the hauck headers, he dropped 400rpm. THIS IS MY PROBLEM!

Im thinking to richen up the map allen sent me in increments and see how it goes after that.

Any suggestions?, just want to make these headers actually benfit!

Yamahammer485 said:
Just an update, had another member contact me and tell me that when he installed the hauck headers, he dropped 400rpm. THIS IS MY PROBLEM!

Im thinking to richen up the map allen sent me in increments and see how it goes after that.

Any suggestions?, just want to make these headers actually benfit!

You have problems.. I don't think you should be losing RPM from the header.. If anything you should of gained... What does Hauck say....

xs belt will drop rpms 300 everywhere over a yamaha belt. Sledfreak, what map are you running I have presently the one that adds 1 on the top and have the 91 octane one ready to load that adds 4 to the top. I've always found mine like 10700 - 10800 the best..seems to freewheel too much running any higher.
If you are running stock clutching with the sx belt take out the firt rivit totally and see what that does...might have to lighten up the middle and tip also...but that is a starting point....run the red secondary at 3-3.

Yes, I just realized that you are running the XS belt and that can throw you off... Run the stock belt and tell us what happens.. Those belts are way to inconsistent. Yo are running Ulmer Clutching. He clutches with the OEM belt. Don't vere from that..

Apex06, As far as the maps... I have several maps.. What mods to you have?

Joe Gibbs 0-20, ulmer air box mod, pcmIII, ignition controller, cobra track, 23/38, and run an xs belt....works great for me

Iv been running the 8dn belt for a while now

And for some reason, my revs are fine now, even with no changes....

Then after it started running right, I started playing with dramatically richer maps and can feel a huge power increase.

Hauck said nothing of rpm differences, just that "I should go up one single point in midrange"

apex06 said:
Joe Gibbs 0-20, ulmer air box mod, pcmIII, ignition controller, cobra track, 23/38, and run an xs belt....works great for me

Yep, you are running the same as me except the gearing. I'm running 23/40... Have you tried 22/38? If so, which one do you like better...

Back