• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

model 2009 what you expect ?

I hope they do something. I mean the Nytro is going to be an amazing sled. It lost 90lbs over the model it replaced and gained 10 HP. Amazing! but the Doos lost 50lbs, making them in the spot light as the lightest. Sitting on the XP chassis feels like it will be more comfortable than ever before. Time will tell, I just want to tell those yellow jackets to pack it.
(Sorry for this... long day at work)
:die

But it is really great to see these manufacturers sticking all this money into R/D on these sleds. Especially with the drastic decline in sales over the past few years.

Well, from what I have hered in other places, is that they intend on cuting close to 50 pounds.. and add some where in the range of 10-15 mor HP.
that would be really awesome, cause these 4 strokes go like stink anyways, and a 50 pound diet! WOW.

:4STroke:

attak

Its been 3 years and a great ride for the Apex, but its time for a change.
10 or so more hp and 40 to 50 llbs diet for the 4 lunger.
2009 should be good can,t wait for the demos

Here are my predictions:

I can forsee a FX Nytro LTX next year. A long track version (with Dual Shock maybe?) would be a welcome addition, for sure.

Elimination of the Proactive suspension in favour of the Dual Shock.

Apex line could get a new motor (lighter and stronger) and new chassis, much like the FX chassis, but definately a drop in weight.

Elimination of the RS/RX chassis with the Ventures moving into either the Apex chassis or maybe the FX chassis?

Man if they cut 50lbs and add 10 to 15 HP that would be sweet. But I wonder what they'll want for something like that? I hope they don't go ape $*** on the pricing.

My guess, Yamaha keep the Apex as it is, for a long distance trail cruiser for a few more years. Much like they have done with the Vector.

Yamaha is going to release a brand new 4 cylinder sled for 2009. Talked to a sales representative back in April 2005 at the 2006 demo rides, he told me that Yamaha was already riding the 2009 model year prototypes. Looking back at the 2007 and 2008 releases, the 2009 model year will have at least one all new sled in the lineup.

I was about to buy a 2006 Apex GT but postponed the investment to 2009 because of this conversation. He could not tell exactly what was coming but that it would be something quite different than the Apex, he also said that you've ain't seen nothing yet, when we commented on the Apex. Guess we'll have to wait until March to know for sure.

Here is my guess:

Apex chassis will still be here, probably with some more weight loss and tweeks, this will be Apex/Vector/Venture models... this is yamahas way to rid old chassis....

FX Nytro will get LTX and minor mods, maybe bigger gas tank with all the complaining

Phazer remains basically unchanged

AND........
You will see another new ride.... not sure if it will be higher HP Nytro based, or Apex with more HP, but i think this is the way.... i wouldnt expect a totally new machine, but rather a modification on the apex or hopefully the FX Nytro framework.

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE:
If all of the sled manufactures keep pouring all this Cash into R & D, it is going to drive prices up higher than ever before... dont expect to buy many sleds less than 10 grand again. Higher output apex or nytro will bring 11000 +

my guess, no big change considering your on the 1st yr already with the LTX. Remember the ATTAK GT was only out 1 yr before that. The track will be a single layer, and likely a couple weight reduction things, my bet 25lbs, thats already out there. On top of that, I bet no major change other than cosmetic.

You guys are being way to nice,forget the hp for me , get at minimum 100 POUNDS off the WET(673) in an around 570 pounds wet.Sold my 2003 RX1 at the end of last year the best sled to ever hit snow period.Was looking at the xp 800 but just can't go back to the 2-strokes.So I'am going to tuff it out this year with nothing and hope come MARCH my expectations will not only be met! but like back in 2003 they will be surpassed beyond all imaginability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :yam: :4STroke:

rightarm, that is amazing how you could take the whole year off!! Sorry for you? I could not do that! Snowmobiling is my most favorite sport, Even if the state and the NYSSA tries to kill it. Good luck! Honk

Everything to the Nytro chassis with 121" & 136" models.
Extra 10 hp for the big dog!
136 models with 9-10 gal trail tanks!!!
New 100 hp sled also!

BR

If it isn't 180 HP and the weight of the new REV, then don't bother. I don't think Yamaha will give us that much in one year though.

Back