• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mods for better midrange performance

4strokepilot

I have a 07 Apex RTX and would like to gain more midrange performance and I would give up some top end to achieve this. My question is would a larger top gear and a Ulmer clutch kit be the best option?

Thank you,
Chris

No, just the opposite. Gear it down for better performance with slight loss of top end. Smaller top gear or larger bottom gear. I changed the original 23-38 gearing on my Attak to a 23-40 and it really made a big difference.

X2... Clutch it first, and if that isn't enough go to the PCIII and ignition module from Allen as well.

I will order a Ulmer clutch kit and give it a try. It sounds like it would be money well spent to add better performance.
Thank you all for your help.

Have a fun and safe riding season!
Chris

Ulmer Stealth airbox and NGK Cr10EK spark plugs are the best bang for your buck!!!

Just make sure you have the traction to make it hook up. All the clutching and gear changes in the world is no good if you can't put it to the snow. Read my signature for my setup.

Back