• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mods to help cat walk?

RxSly

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 SR VIPER LTX-DX
2003 RX1 - SOLD
Hi gang!

I've got a 2016 sr viper LTX. Finished my first season with it and I must say what an improvement over the RX-1!

Anyways it has happened to be a couple times this winter during a warmth spree, having to turn around or driving really slow and picking up the ski's by hand so they wouldn't get caught under the ice crossing open creeks.

Is there any easy way to make these puppies jump up when hammering the throttle?

Clutching and gearing?

The LTX by nature is a very planted trail sled. Look up "snoninja" under search for user name. He modded out his ltx and he can lift and carry the front end on his LTX no problems.

Thanks for fetching that for me! Went thru his thread and it seems like it would be fairly expensive to accomplish this. Might just have to live with it lol

Your limiter straps out all the way? Rear torsions on soft?
Transfer blocks on 1 or removed?
Center shock spring tighter?
All those are free adjustments but to actually Catwalk at will yes a track,different springs and shock revalve are needed. But to just get front lighter those adjustments will do a lot.

How will letting out the limiter straps effect off trail performance? Better or worse?

Off trail is better allows the skid to rock and lift the front but it is limited in how much by the coupling of the skid in the ltx that is why the xtx is a better off trail skid fully un coupled
So on my MTX you would recommend letting out my limiter straps? I always thought it was for the worse, I thought it would cause trenching.Ive never sized it up before, how much adjustment do I have and how much would you guys recommend?Should I make any adjustments to the floats front and rear if I let the straps out?

So on my MTX you would recommend letting out my limiter straps? I always thought it was for the worse, I thought it would cause trenching.Ive never sized it up before, how much adjustment do I have and how much would you guys recommend?Should I make any adjustments to the floats front and rear if I let the straps out?
It's a balancing act. Almost always a trade off and personal preference. In your case yes it would trench more but if a arms and skis don't come up out of snow then trenching will be worse. So much is at play. Even bar position and rider weight. Play with it and see what works for you.

Thanks for the help.I checked mine out and it's already let all the ways out, there are only 3 holes for adjustment.The sled is excellent in deep powder and handles great it gets light on the front end but it doesn't pick the skis up off the snow.More hp is needed I guess.

Thanks for the help.I checked mine out and it's already let all the ways out, there are only 3 holes for adjustment.The sled is excellent in deep powder and handles great it gets light on the front end but it doesn't pick the skis up off the snow.More hp is needed I guess.
I agree with Cannondale it is a balancing act and you just have to try it. With the uncoupled skid it is made to rock and you would think it would trench more but on the xtx it does not it actually causes the whole sled to pitch to about a 30 deg angle with the nose in the air and uses all of the track to continually run at a climb angle which carries you forward.

It is hard to see in this video but i am in 4' of fresh and the nose is just floating on the surface and it is not till i slow down to turn that i start pushing snow over the hood.

Your limiter straps out all the way? Rear torsions on soft?
Transfer blocks on 1 or removed?
Center shock spring tighter?
All those are free adjustments but to actually Catwalk at will yes a track,different springs and shock revalve are needed. But to just get front lighter those adjustments will do a lot.

I haven't touched any "settings". However it came from the dealer that is how I kept it. I'm guessing though that by going with the above settings it will sacrifice it's trail handling?

I haven't touched any "settings". However it came from the dealer that is how I kept it. I'm guessing though that by going with the above settings it will sacrifice it's trail handling?
That depends how you ride. Some like a active ride. For me a LTX just is to planted. I like my sled to have a light front end for bumps and holes. Not worried about having to have throttle and brake control along with moving around on sled. These adjustments move closer to that. You can always go back to stock if you don't like it or something in between.

I will keep this in mind for sure, like you said these are all free mods so I will get it a try!

I'm not familiar at all with adjusting this suspension, what would be the best manual for me to follow the 2015 or 2017? I've got a 2016.

I will keep this in mind for sure, like you said these are all free mods so I will get it a try!

I'm not familiar at all with adjusting this suspension, what would be the best manual for me to follow the 2015 or 2017? I've got a 2016.
Should be same

Back