• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mods to help cat walk?

Thanks for the help.I checked mine out and it's already let all the ways out, there are only 3 holes for adjustment.The sled is excellent in deep powder and handles great it gets light on the front end but it doesn't pick the skis up off the snow.More hp is needed I guess.
All the hp in the world won't make a difference, even with 12psi of boost my LTX stays planted. Need suspension work to get it to lift the front at will.

All the hp in the world won't make a difference, even with 12psi of boost my LTX stays planted. Need suspension work to get it to lift the front at will.
Take out the rear skid transfer blocks and rod out, your skis will be nose high every time, do not do this mod if you have oversize rear wheels, the arm will come in contact with the wheels.

So by adjusting the suspension or even going to a similar set-up to snoninja (I have a late build so i may already have a dual rate center spring) will this make the suspension a lot softer and when getting into moguls and hitting that surprise bump will bottom out easy or does it just give the sled the ability to shift its weight?

Sorry if this is a silly questions but I've never played with suspensions.

Last edited:
It will transfer better. The shocks are the biggest part of stopping it from bottoming. If you have the softer rear springs that helps. Your center spring if dual rate is a very soft rate. That hurts you for transfer.

Most of these mods will help the viper get it's nose up sky high, but without a turbo and adequate traction, whether it be studs or proper lug height and lenght ,the weight is just working against you.

It will transfer better. The shocks are the biggest part of stopping it from bottoming. If you have the softer rear springs that helps. Your center spring if dual rate is a very soft rate. That hurts you for transfer.

Ok so it's safe to say that this duel rate spring isn't the same as the cat one snoninja used for his set-up?

Back