• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Money Pit

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
If you can do this without cringing, then you are ready to own a snowmobile.
image0.jpeg

Standard unit of measurement for any sport.
If you don't burn it, you're stuck with only earning it.
Only thing that doesn't burn it , as fast, is a book club. Not a book club guy.
Cycling, hiking, boating, hobby cars, hockey, etc are all in the same world.
Have fun to live. If you don't keep moving, eventually you Will stop.

Remember when buying my first boat when the salesman took us aboard to go over the controls on the bridge, he said the first thing you have to do is go dig a hole in your yard and throw all your money into it.
He also said there are two of the happiest days of your life, 1 when you buy your boat, 2 when you sell your boat.

Last edited:
Just a $100 bill? What do you ride? A Bravo? :rofl:

Yep, use it or lose it. You can't take it with you. The kids can inherit what's left of the sled.

Wait...we are supposed to save it? Baah!

Reminds me of getting into fly fishing 20 years ago. I bought the cheapest rod/reel combo from Meijer for like $40. After that I spent thousands upon thousands on fancy rods, reels, waders, polarized glasses, more rods, etc. Then instead of paying $2 per fly at the shops (because spending $100 per year on flies was just silly), I spent thousands on equipment and materials to make my own.

Guns - don't even get me started....

Reminds me of getting into fly fishing 20 years ago. I bought the cheapest rod/reel combo from Meijer for like $40. After that I spent thousands upon thousands on fancy rods, reels, waders, polarized glasses, more rods, etc. Then instead of paying $2 per fly at the shops (because spending $100 per year on flies was just silly), I spent thousands on equipment and materials to make my own.

LOL, Yeah it can be pretty cheap if you want to get into flyfishing and catch a nice trout if your not to fussy, but it will cost you big time to look like a professional fly fisher.

You sound like me, when I get into it, I get waaayy to into it. Instead of fly fishing, it was goose hunting. I know more than any person should know about plastic decoys. Don't get me started on the winter I flocked my own decoys. Found out too late it's cheaper to hire guides and use their pits. Shoot more geese too.

You sound like me, when I get into it, I get waaayy to into it. Instead of fly fishing, it was goose hunting. I know more than any person should know about plastic decoys. Don't get me started on the winter I flocked my own decoys. Found out too late it's cheaper to hire guides and use their pits. Shoot more geese too.

Thank you for your story, I had a good laugh about flocking your own decoys.

Back