• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mono shock adjuster cable ?

dave_dj1

Pro
Looking for info on a procedure to install a new shock adjusting cable.
what i mean is, i seem to remember reading on here a while back that there was a specific setting on the shock to get the new cable in. I have the cable in but can only turn it a click or two.
perhaps my shock is malfunctioning at the adjuster?
thanks for any help
dave

I need some help also. My cable was broke so I bought a new one.
Does anyone have pictures or a diagram of how the cable goes back in? I was hanging loose when I took it out. The new cable has a short boot on it. Which end of the cable is this supposed to go on. (I have to snake the new cable thru the existing rectangular shaped boot yet) Also it is not real clear on the parts diagram, but it looks like the large boot somehow gets clipped to the suspension, is this correct?
Thanks

Here is a parts diagram to help describe my previous post

Attachments

• ADJUSTER CABLE.pdf
    35.3 KB · Views: 218
cable install

To re-install cable correctly you need to turn the tunnel adjuster handle counter clockwise till it stops. Turn the shock adjuster clockwise till it stops and install cable. Cable profile is square so usually just the act of installing the cable will align itself to the female socket in either the shock or the handle. Pay attention which way you install the cable, the inner cable has a collar attached to one end, that end goes toward the tunnel handle. Big end of outter cable goes toward the tunnel, rubber boot fits over the shock side cable nut and is about an inch to inch and a half from the tunnel side of cable nut, tie wrap the boot on that end, if your not sure of the exact layout look at the parts diagram.

I know how the cable runs thrugh the boot, the thing i'm having trouble with is which way to have the knob on the tunnel and the shock end, i will try what you said tomorrow, knob to counter clockwise and shock clockwise,
thanks,
dave

cable install

do it the way I said and the way you said and you will be could to go.

Good Luck

Well I got mine together this morning, thanks for the info.
When I got my shock back from being serviced the guy told me the same thing about the setting. Both the shock and the adjuster need to be set to Hard. Mine worked fine after I installed it.

You'll become a pro. That's another thing that was on my service list after every trip. I finally quit replacing it. No more remote adjustable skid for me.

well i went out and fought with it for awhile yeserday, the shock end would not turn, i had to make a right angle tool to us and some pentrating oil, finaly got it turned all the way clockwise, put it all together and now i'm ust praying that it will work! LaLaLa If not , screw it, i will never replace it again!

Back