• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Month old sidewinder shop tells me I need a new tunnel

snowtechbtx

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 sidewinder btx se
I bought my btx sidewinder couple days after Christmas and have been on two ride in Canada and I came back pulled my skid and changed my hyfax and added 6 more wheels to my setup. I went to put the skid in and noticed my track has been kitting my tunnel and eating my front drives. I tried to figure it out and I couldn’t so I took in to Yamaha dealer and they are telling me my tunnel is bent. And skid is sitting in there all cocked around. 700 miles. Now when the good snow comes sleds in shop there telling me it’s not under warranty and nothing they can do when I clearly didn’t hit anything or nothing out of the ordinary. Didn’t even make my first payment and they want $7,000.00 to change a tunnel. I feel like Yamaha should be responsible for this. Thoughts please

I agree with you. I’d bring it to a different dealer. The Yamaha dealer near me is horrible. The Cat dealership is awesome. That was the reason I bought an XF 7000, not the LTX. Some dealers just suck. Just so happens the Cat dealership near me is good. It’s kind of hit or miss. But I would try a different dealer.

I bought my btx sidewinder couple days after Christmas and have been on two ride in Canada and I came back pulled my skid and changed my hyfax and added 6 more wheels to my setup. I went to put the skid in and noticed my track has been kitting my tunnel and eating my front drives. I tried to figure it out and I couldn’t so I took in to Yamaha dealer and they are telling me my tunnel is bent. And skid is sitting in there all cocked around. 700 miles. Now when the good snow comes sleds in shop there telling me it’s not under warranty and nothing they can do when I clearly didn’t hit anything or nothing out of the ordinary. Didn’t even make my first payment and they want $7,000.00 to change a tunnel. I feel like Yamaha should be responsible for this. Thoughts please

Off trail sled... really going to be tough not to take a hit on this. The finger pointing will never end well. I would claim it on insurance. It will hold more water.

Second dealer first one I took it to free ride in Ann Arbor where I bought it couldn’t do it so I drove it 2.5 hours to hackers in Houghton Lake and this is the response i’m getting.

All I do is trail ride up in Canada with my sled. I will have an answer on insurance company tomorrow. Don’t want a new tunnel for 7k and do it again. And loss out on the rest of riding

All I do is trail ride up in Canada with my sled. I will have an answer on insurance company tomorrow. Don’t want a new tunnel for 7k and do it again. And loss out on the rest of riding

Let the insurance company have the entire sled.. then get a new one.

If the tunnel is bent you should be able to measure it. There are six points to measure. Front and rear mountings and driveshaft, both side. Distance and then cross (parallell).

I have the same problem. The track is hitting the tunnel and eating my drives. The dealer says its all normal. So i will use it until it brakes, then leave it at the dealer.
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/vibrates-when-coming-to-a-stop.151047/

Perfect thanks I went and posted on that one to fallow it

If you haven't made a payment yet, why bother making one at all?

Well because I care about my credit and the first payment is not tdue until the 22 of this month

full tunnel repalcement from yamaha is less than 1000 can. the rest is labor. shouldn't be 6grand in labor

Back