• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Month old sidewinder shop tells me I need a new tunnel

Definitely is high price. Had a tunnel changed out on my old Viper xtx for like 3000 if I remember correctly. Insurance flipped the bill. So speaking from some what of experience I would guess who ever said $7000 definitely does not want to do the work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wow, I am going through the same nightmare. Brand loyal to Polaris for 10 years and jumped ship for this...

Bought my xtx a month ago, just did first service friday, 300km ride of groomed trails saturday, get home and my tunnel is buckling out on both sides and one rail is pulled out of the tunnel. Ofcourse they are denying warranty and saying I must have hit something.

You need to call Yamaha Customer Care. Report the problem tell them exactly whatbhappened, how unsatisfied you are, and they will do an investigation. I basically told them I am going to cut my loses and get out of this disaster of a sled as I cannot trust it anymore. They will
deal with the dealer and the district service manager to see what can be done. DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER YET! Pm me if you want to chat.

Bring it back to the dealer tell them it has to be manufacturing or assembly flaw don't take no for a answer.
I rode 30 miles on my sled and both carbides broke off. ground down to nearly the skis. yes i did cross some roads but 30 miles on a set of Carbides was ridiculous. I told them on previous sleds I've owned that i usually get 2000 miles outta carbides.
They agreed and
They set me up with a set of woodys reluctantly over the stock (junk). but i was very persistent.
Sometimes you as a customer You need to be a little more pushy with issues. especially when its brand new and still under warranty. yes the dealer or Y.E.S paid for them.

Last edited:
Full tunnel replacement is usually totaled.

I had the same problem back in 1997
Sled had 15 miles on it when it got hit & tunnel was bent. I thought ins co. was going to fix it but they totaled it. Ins co. sent me a check for the total amount that I paid for the sled..

I was into the dealer today and this guy was unloading his new sidewinder with 300 miles on the machine into the shop, the center lugs were ripped off the track, the center shock pivot had some how flipped down and tore the center lugs off, the shock pivot started to separate and allowed the shock to flip down causing the damage, the shop tec guy said this is not the first one he's seen, the sled owner could not believe what happened, his machine is mint other than that, you sidewinder owners might want to look closely at your center shock pivot for any signs of the pivot separating.

Dealer declined to fix the sled. Told me they are not doing anything and it was neglect. How can you neglect a month old sled with 1000 miles in show room condition. I didn’t take no for an answer and his boss or supervisor is calling me tomorrow. Fingers crossed. But he said it won’t change anything but we will see

Dealer declined to fix the sled. Told me they are not doing anything and it was neglect. How can you neglect a month old sled with 1000 miles in show room condition. I didn’t take no for an answer and his boss or supervisor is calling me tomorrow. Fingers crossed. But he said it won’t change anything but we will see

What did you find out did they fix it

Back