• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More Boost

murdered141

Snow Punisher
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sr viper 15 ltx dx, mpi 190 turbo, straight line header, 38" mtx front end, mtx steering, mtx seat, xtx 141" skid and 2.25" power claw track
2019 sidewinder xtx le, sleeping for now
Thinking about putting in some head studs and turning up the boost a bit on my 15 viper with mpi turbo, does the eabc need to be sent in to mpi to get reprogrammed?
Now before everyone starts telling me to do a head shim or low comp pistons and a power commander or better yet just buy a sidewinder, a sidewinder is in the works for this winter, just want a little more out of my viper.

I will be watching this thread, it seems you and I have the same idea. I'm having trouble finding an inter-cooler kit for my 190.

You can just remove the eabc and bring boost to 5.5lbs! Ram mine this season with no issues!
I thought hard about doing head studs/shim.... or evo tune and ended up selling sled and ordering a sw

If you do studs and an EVO Flash to retard timing upgrade fuel pump 4rh injector with extra gems you can safely run 7.5 on pump gas and 10.5 on 50/50 race gas. Stock motor no shim at 10.5 puts you at about 265 hp at crank.

Supposedly the eabc is preprogrammed to at 4.5 psi with a .5 psi overboost when you mash it, looking for an additional 1.5 - 2psi more, hoping to get away with stock gems and just upgrade the fuel pump, viper is getting a 141" 2.25" pc and gonna be strickly off trail, getting a sidewinder xtx or btx and making that a trail missile with some occasional off trail.

If you do studs and an EVO Flash to retard timing upgrade fuel pump 4rh injector with extra gems you can safely run 7.5 on pump gas and 10.5 on 50/50 race gas. Stock motor no shim at 10.5 puts you at about 265 hp at crank.

Stock motor/turbo won't produce that hp..you'd maybe be able to squeak 240 horse with race gas mixed in. You'll need to have an upgraded turbo to produce that power at that boost level and that's a pricey upgrade.

Stock motor/turbo won't produce that hp..you'd maybe be able to squeak 240 horse with race gas mixed in. You'll need to have an upgraded turbo to produce that power at that boost level and that's a pricey upgrade.
I have a t-19 wheel in the stock Stage I MPI

I have a t-19 wheel in the stock Stage I MPI
Where does one acquire that impeller wheel, how much$$ and what other mods are necessary to make everything work in harmony.

Allen Ulmer did it and on a non de-compreseed motor (no shim or low comp pistons) it makes way more hp than the standard. my 14 with low comp pistons at 13 #'s of boost made 15 hp less than the 15 at 10.5 #'s. It beat every winder with tunes in them it ran against this year and took 3rd overall at the Gogebic radar runs. Last season it was beating 320 hp XF-1100's at 2 different events. and 3 the year before it only falls slightly behind them when I have to turn it down for pump gas races.

Back