• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More Cat DNA 2017 ltx se

ronzx9

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder L-TX-LE, 2016 Grand Touring SE 1200
Driving along in Quebec and my dash flashes and I have code sd 42. Speedometer says 261mph. I also developed a horrible chassis vibration during the trip. So bad my hands were numb within 30 min riding. Also have no reverse now. Had to add antifreeze and oil on this trip too.

Another problem. Constant bottoming on anything but very smooth trails. Transfer blocks at 3, rear springs at 3, both skid shocks on compression damp 3. Sled transfers weight so much it will bottom out the rear and take away all suspension travel.

I rode the sled last trip without a saddlebag but I can't imagine the added 40 or so lbs creates this big an issue. Sled is going back to the dealer this week. I was wondering if anyone has had issues lie this? I mainly hear complaints these sleds don't transfer but mine is certainly transferring. When I let off the throttle I can feel the skid rebound. This is goofy.

Your sd 42 code is more than likely the speed sensor siliconed on your chain case has fallen off. Happened to mine because of previous oil leaks. Defaults to 261 on speedo, so also unable to use reverse. Clean and reattach sensor and at least one issue is resolved. Friend had it happen and rode it the next couple days. Fixed it when he got home and swears it added an extra 500 mi. to the odometer.

Oh. That explains the extra 1500 miles on my odometer now. I went from 5200 to over 7087 in 2 days riding.

Driving along in Quebec and my dash flashes and I have code sd 42. Speedometer says 261mph. I also developed a horrible chassis vibration during the trip. So bad my hands were numb within 30 min riding. Also have no reverse now. Had to add antifreeze and oil on this trip too.

Another problem. Constant bottoming on anything but very smooth trails. Transfer blocks at 3, rear springs at 3, both skid shocks on compression damp 3. Sled transfers weight so much it will bottom out the rear and take away all suspension travel.

I rode the sled last trip without a saddlebag but I can't imagine the added 40 or so lbs creates this big an issue. Sled is going back to the dealer this week. I was wondering if anyone has had issues lie this? I mainly hear complaints these sleds don't transfer but mine is certainly transferring. When I let off the throttle I can feel the skid rebound. This is goofy.
Maybe the front cross shaft broke.

Possibly that you blew out a shock is what it sounds like to me. That or maybe the coupling link flipped, o know guys talk about that happen but I'm not sure what happens to the skid when it becomes flipped upside down.

Did you ever figure out whathappened? Everything you mention is EXACTLY what happened to me yesterday.

Haven't had a chance to get into it yet. Won't have time until next Tuesday. I know my back is still sore from the pounding I took on the saddlebag trip

If you weigh plus 210 and any amount of luggage, u need a minimum of shock revalve or heavier springs

Back