• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More Exhaust solutions.

Marks MP

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha SR Venture DX 146
I know this has been discussed to death but here is my 2 cents worth.

I went CTC and picked up some pre-made exhaust pipes and added them to my muffler with some exhaust clamps.

I have driven this season with the mod and it defiantly helps. Way less build up and quieter for sure.
8937028da2a15990cd360c5557a279f0.jpg
4f96488b30f7209e6559709012c53569.jpg
3d059e8beb17709bb7838f1fed0ff3e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Not to knock your efforts, we haven't seen the conditions required around here this season that produces the ice boogers (cold and lots of snow). Piping like you did has been done and didn't fix it, including myself. The only thing that seems to work is completely enclosing the exhaust in the tunnel and exiting out the back.

For noise, it does help. When I had mine exiting the back, it did lower the noise a bit. I since had to take it off when I had to replace the exhaust due to a broken pipe (not caused by the exhaust mod).

I had been planning to enclose the tunnel like @BombaPolaYama did but just haven't had the time. Retirement might change that this year.

Not to knock your efforts, we haven't seen the conditions required around here this season that produces the ice boogers (cold and lots of snow). Piping like you did has been done and didn't fix it, including myself. The only thing that seems to work is completely enclosing the exhaust in the tunnel and exiting out the back.

For noise, it does help. When I had mine exiting the back, it did lower the noise a bit. I since had to take it off when I had to replace the exhaust due to a broken pipe (not caused by the exhaust mod).

I had been planning to enclose the tunnel like @BombaPolaYama did but just haven't had the time. Retirement might change that this year.
Thanks Mooseman, I think the ice boogers are less icy. There is defiantly less heat under the tunnel that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The other thing I would think about there is the possibility of striking that pipe extension.. especially if off trail. All the best. Ps. My mod still works like a charm,

Back