• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More wheels part-1, to extend silder wear, XTX -*update*-

maniac said:
there is a dealer in gaspe who has a friend who is producing slides from a way better plastic that lasts 10 times as long phone 418 797 2103

Attachments

• 14654850aa_i.jpg
    14654850aa_i.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 113

I installed my Hygear torsion spring spacers today, and noticed that my front left wheel is warped/bent. Anyone else found any warped wheels?? Right side was fine, as were the rear wheels.

yes i have an xtx you wont believe the difference in the plastic compond i am a auto body tech and i know alot about plastics even when the sliders get hot they dont melt down like stock or grafite sliders

I just e-mailed the shop for more info...I'll let you know what I find out.

sleddingfarmer said:
any word yet on these better slides?

They have not replied to my e-mail...maybe somebody who speaks French could call the 1-800 #???

super slides

I just spoke with the parts guy at another dealership who has tried these slides and he says they aren't that great and didn't last for him. He and his brother both run short track Nytros and the best solution they have found is Phazer slides which supposedly are not as thick. He says his skid will roll across the shop floor with ease. Problem is you can't get them 144. He doesn't think the Phazer MTN ones are the same thickness.

Little trick I've been using. Got 700 miles on the stockers and thye were almost worn through. Put 2200 on the last set with the slots and had life left. My sleds a RTX

2cnffh0.jpg

x wheel kits from excellmotorsports nytro,apex,short and xtx models tested for 2 years might try them myself.

I just put the X wheels on my XTX tonight! I ordered the 8 wheel kit, but am having a problem with the front set of wheels inside the rails. Can you remove these wheels without removing the skid? I have the other 6 on, hopefully they work!! Well at least I can change the bearings now.

Radian guy
How much did they cost to get to Canada? Where did you put the 6 wheels before you got to changing the inner ones?

canoehead said:
Radian guy
How much did they cost to get to Canada? Where did you put the 6 wheels before you got to changing the inner ones?

My dealer ordered them, he is going to stock them on a regular basis. I paid the suggested $285 for the 8 wheel kit. I changed out the 4 stock wheels, and installed 2 new ones inside the rails just behind the rear wheels. All I had to do was take out a bolt that sandwiched the rails and put the new wheels along with the supplied hardware (OEM wheel mount).

Looking for a little help here! I put the "X" wheels in last year, I have 2 new ones to switch out the 2 front wheels inside the rails, I have heard they can be changed without removing the skid, true? I really do not want to remove the skid if I don't have to.

Back