• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Motor questions

dntmndr

Extreme
2009 nytro , 11000 Miles ,looks like the bearing failed behind the clutch, has anyone had this before and what does it take to repair?

Attachments

• 83EEDAD2-B3ED-40D6-B9DF-BE46FA3D2AE7.jpeg
    83EEDAD2-B3ED-40D6-B9DF-BE46FA3D2AE7.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 66020DF9-F50C-45F0-9AFC-18821D0BFE8D.jpeg
    66020DF9-F50C-45F0-9AFC-18821D0BFE8D.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 220

On
2009 nytro , 11000 Miles ,looks like the bearing failed behind the clutch, has anyone had this before and what does it take to repair?
Yes, seen one sieze.
You need a press for sure

Did you repair this? Mine has 3000 miles. Just wondering if the bearing is lubricated by the engine oil for future reference.
Thx

Did you repair this? Mine has 3000 miles. Just wondering if the bearing is lubricated by the engine oil for future reference.
Thx
No it is NOT lubricated by the engine oil and is a sealed bearing assembly. My sled has 3K miles also but that was my son's sled in this original post. A new assembly is $290 but when you blow your clutch into a bunch of pieces that can get real pricey fast. I'm waiting on our new assembly to arrive and once it does I will see if that sealed bearing can be opened up and then lubed with Isoflex like the Ski-doo's. I'm scratching my head and worrying about mine too now so I'll let you know...

We just buy the bearing separate and change it.
I see what you mean now 74. I just looked the part up under a 2009 Nytro and Yam didn't show any individual parts for purchase, just the assembly. When I looked it up under my year sled for 2012 it shows the individual parts and the bearing is listed for $34 and the seal for $9 so that's much cheaper than the assembly and a destroyed clutch, lol. Thanks again Brother and hopefully the others will see this so they know to check it.

I see what you mean now 74. I just looked the part up under a 2009 Nytro and Yam didn't show any individual parts for purchase, just the assembly. When I looked it up under my year sled for 2012 it shows the individual parts and the bearing is listed for $34 and the seal for $9 so that's much cheaper than the assembly and a destroyed clutch, lol. Thanks again Brother and hopefully the others will see this so they know to check it.
Np. It is pressed on VERY tight. I had a local welding shop make me a couple half moon plates to hold the bearing while pressing it.

Back