• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain lite clutching for 10,000 feet

someguy2800

Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 Phazer mountain lite
Hey guys, I have an 07 mountain lite. I live in Minnesota so its set up as a flatland trail sled with a 144 1.25 track. It has the stock 17 top, 41 bottom sprockets and right now it runs at about 11,500 rpms and occasionally hits the rev limiter.

In 2 weeks I am going to go to Idaho. I have a 151x2" challenger track that I cut down to 14" wide that I am going to put in with the skid set back, and I am going to put in 17 top, 45 bottom sprockets in it. Question is what do I need to do to the clutch to get it to work with this track and gearing and 10,000 ft altitude? What should the secondary spring be set too and what weights should it have in the primary?

thanks

They come from the factory set for 10k, at least mine did. Middle hole open, and 10.3 steel in the tip. Here in MN I have them fully loaded with 17.2 steels to turn 11,200. If yours was set up similar (might have 13.3 steels in both or a 13.3 center/17.2 tip combo) you could remove the center and call it good.

Last edited:

Back