• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain Skis on XTX

hmm, conflicting answers here. I didn't know the Yamaha Mountain Ski changed in the last few years.

I want to put them on my 09 XTX as well and am trying to figure out what I need to order that won't transfer over from the stock setup.

You will need a new bolt and spacers.

I got mine on last week. I cant believe the difference they make. It floats so much better, corners and lays over way better in the deep stuff. Not poking my skis into drifts any more and getting stuck. On trails on frozen hard pack they do dart a tad bit but nothing any worse than say a pilot ski. However the cornering is much better as they grip corners much better with less ski lift. I was able to drive my machine much faster and more confidence then I ever have before.

new bolt and spacers. Got it. Anyone have good pictures of the old mountain ski vs. the new one? I have pics of the old one if someone has pics of the new ones. Just curious on the difference. Even when I look up P/N's for the old one's I get the same number for the new ones so I take it the old ones are no longer available.

the bridgeless mountian ski came out in 2005 which is still used on the mountain sleds but there is a new mountain ski now available in the 2010 accessary catalog its alot different looking and uses a different carbide. Check it out. Has any one used this ski yet? I would like hear how worked out. Thanks

Isnt anybody using SLP Powder Pros on XTX?

I installed a set to my 09 XTX and its a "new" sled in handling.
I have always been using SLP PP on my sleds because they i like them a lot for agressive riding.

I thought in 07 the Apex had just regular 7" wide mountain skis. Then in 08 they changed to the newer design that is stepped similar to the SLP's. I could be out to lunch. I just know my buddy bought a set of Apex mountain skis and they are way different then what I have.

There is a new GYTR MT9 Ski out now that is 10" up front. However this is not the new mountain specific ski. It is an all round ski. This ski is not offered on the OEM lineup though.

I stand corrected. I found some old specs back to 2006 and they all had the same ski. My buddy must be mistaken and bought the venture ski.

I cant believe that is was only 4 years ago and you could get an Apex mountain for 10.5 msrp.

Yeah sorry it was the M9 ski I was looking for pics of. I found them. I don't care for the keel design for powder.

Anyway some of you mention SLP Powder Pro's, i've always found the Yammi Mountain Ski and the PP's very similar, which is good.

I have a set of Powder Pro's, and I called SLP yesterday and they told me they don't make a saddle mount for me to put them on my XTX. Was the guy mistaken? My PP's are fitted for my old Rev, so all I would need is a new saddle mount I believe.

So lets get this straight, the old mountain ski is still the same mountain ski since 2006 or 07 (which is similar to the SLP Powder Pro's)and then there is the MT9 ski, correct?

Also how would the mountain ski work for Groomed trail and off trail?

I have the original (<2009) style mtn skis on my xtx and love them. I put dual runner carbides on to eliminate darting. Excellent powder and trail performance. If you ride in hard , drifted snow, these skis will throw you around. The deep keel isn't the best in real hard snow.

SledFreak said:
So lets get this straight, the old mountain ski is still the same mountain ski since 2006 or 07 (which is similar to the SLP Powder Pro's)and then there is the MT9 ski, correct?

Also how would the mountain ski work for Groomed trail and off trail?

I did 90 miles on them so far on a derby last weekend. They performed better then stockers for sure. I could hold a corner much better and feel safer doing it. Before I could get the rear to slightly slide out with the old skis before fighting it. Now I can almost get the rear to slide as easily as I do on my grizzly (Not quite though). It was money worth spent that is for sure.

I got saddlebags for my PP to my XTX. I had to cut the original shims cause the saddle bag was more narrow than the stock ones.
Install saddlebag first, then skies to saddle bag.

Back