• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MountainTech A Arm Kit 43" + 2"

mp5

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
Have read many of the old posts on these kits for the Nytro. Would like to know longer term reports from anyone who has had these on their sleds for a while now.

Mainly trail response, cornering, overall handling and any off trail feedback.

And....have emailed MountainTech twice in two weeks with with no reply. Are they still in business?

Last edited:

Just in the process of putting MountainTech front end on mine, after researching it on this site have no worries it will be better.
DJfBwAhm.jpg

Nice...how are you taking out, and installing new bushings...? Are you able to reuse your current bushings? I have oilites so am wondering if they'll be good to reuse.

Oh, and Peter at MountainTech actually called me yesteday. We spoke for an hour. Great customer service and shared some awesome info. Good guy...Canadian too

Over 10,000 miles on mtn tech 43+2 front arms.
Lower ball joints are starting to show some up and down play. Just get a long punch and tap out oilite bushings and install in new arms using a threaded rod with washers.

Over 10,000 miles on mtn tech 43+2 front arms.
Lower ball joints are starting to show some up and down play. Just get a long punch and tap out oilite bushings and install in new arms using a threaded rod with washers.
Nice....did it transform ur Nytro on the conering and overall trail affect vs stock a arms?

Yes it changed the nytro alot for better handling. I was one of the testers for Peter for a winter before he brought the 43+2 arms to market.

I put new ones in rather than mess with the old bushings. Probably damage them trying to press them out. No cons with the mt tech arms at all, they really are the way to go.

I got my MtnTech arms from a wrecker and they have Oillites already in so saves me a step.

I got my MtnTech arms from a wrecker and they have Oillites already in so saves me a step.
Good deal.

Well I have to make a decision soon. Either spend the money for the a arms, and keep my Nytro....or spend more money and get a SW. Really though, I don't think I'd part with the Nytro, even if I do get another sled. It's just been a solid machine all 'round. Actually thinking of going back to a 2t aswell, instead of having two 4t's.

Nice...how are you taking out, and installing new bushings...? Are you able to reuse your current bushings? I have oilites so am wondering if they'll be good to reuse.

Oh, and Peter at MountainTech actually called me yesteday. We spoke for an hour. Great customer service and shared some awesome info. Good guy...Canadian too
Do you have contact info for Peter. I want to order a set of a arms but want to ask questions

Call Peter with Questions at 541.350.6032, this is off the website. Good guy to deal with

Mountaintech is alive and well! I continue to build and offer parts for Nytros while others have moved onto to the Arctic Cat chassis. I considered it myself until I saw the way their chassis' were assembled with pop rivets and self tapping sheet metal screws. A Arm kits for the Nytro are available in 34, 38 41, and 43" widths. Kits are rock solid. I sell very few replacement arms. Can probably count on two hands the number of single arms I have sold over the years. Long live the Nytro!!!

Just in the process of putting MountainTech front end on mine, after researching it on this site have no worries it will be better.
DJfBwAhm.jpg
Looks just like mine right now. Doing Mountaintech also. What skis you running??

Just the tuner 3 that came on it for now, not much snow here so may as well just sacrifice them to semi hidden rocks that we have. Got your front end back together yet?

Back