• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MP Sunk pics

YukonMP

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Venture MultiPurpose 2020 VK Professional ll
Misadventure03.jpg
Misadventure07.jpg

Thanks for the help guys.

Definitely something you never want to see and at least that's the only thing that got sunk. Glad it all turned out OK.

We are in at least 135 feet of water there. A new major crack had thrust down instead of up as they usually do. The depression filled up with water and a crust of crappy ice formed over. Unfortunately we then got 8 inches of snow that completely hid the whole thing. It was a little un-nerving when the back end dropped and I saw I was going down in free water, not slush.

We are in at least 135 feet of water there. A new major crack had thrust down instead of up as they usually do. The depression filled up with water and a crust of crappy ice formed over. Unfortunately we then got 8 inches of snow that completely hid the whole thing. It was a little un-nerving when the back end dropped and I saw I was going down in free water, not slush.
YK MP., wow!! Good thing you guys were ok. Dipping in the water when in minus weather can be fatal! On sea over flow this weekend went up to my knees when checking trail, no fun! - 34 but luckily cabin was 15 minutes away, took all day to dry boots etc., how's sled now?

The sled is fine, probably 500 trouble free kms since then. I put it in the soup last year too but that time it was minus 35 with wind and I was alone. Tried to get it out but had to give up and walk home. When I got in the house I stood in a basin and poured boiling water off the woodstove on my boots just to get melt the ice so I could get them off.

Luckily the engine didn't suck in water but I may be the first TYer doing the Snorkel Kit Mod.

Back