• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi for apex reliability???

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex GT
I can get a full mpi SC kit for my 06 apex at a real good deal, just wondering if these are reliable for trail. And do they still make parts if ever I need something?

Mostly reliable, especially at low boost as Tom said. I loved mine on my RX 1 and had no issues on low boost.
High boost was a bitch to tune the carb's . Apex is way easier.
Rotrex blowers have been known to break and are very expensive to replace.
MPI stopped dealing with Rotrex, I think, as they had issues with the Company.
Not sure if MPI still supports them. Call them and ask.

Low boost it works great but it will suck the fuel. They are not gas misers with a Supercharger.
so they are quite hard on fuel then?? not good for long hauls..hmmm

I got about 105 miles out of a tank on my MPI 6 psi RX I on the trail riding moderately with a little race your buddy thrown in. 38 litre tank i think.
I lost about 4 mpg vs my stock Warrior.
Apex should be marginally better but not if you have a heavy thumb or run it rich.

They do not deal in Rotrex blowers any more , I was just talking to them last weak about a replacement for mine.

That's not to say you can't get blowers just not from them.

Man I'm the opposite here, I consider my MPI apex almost OEM reliable. Only one issue was a small oil leak on the mag seal after about 4000 miles. Otherwise flawless. I think the bad blowers were mainly on the Nytros?? Or maybe the newer blowers weren't as good as my older one and it wasn't model specific but at any rate I wouldn't stereotype every single rotrex blower as bad, there were many before and after me with not a single issue. I was more scared of turbos in my Apex and impulse fixed that. Disclaimer I am not a high miler I put on if I'm lucky 1000-1500 miles many times less. My criteria was good maintenance in the off season and once the snow flies I don't pop the hood...ever. Under those conditions the MPI apex never let me down.

Back