• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Intercooler help

upei93

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper X-TX LE MPI turbo
2009 Nytro XTX
Finally found an intercooler for my 15 Viper XTX and plan is headshim and Studs next year but want to install intercooler and quick spool waste gate this year…Question I have is the intercooler comes with the high flow billet blowoff valve, and my understanding is there is a already a blowoff valve on the mpi turbo set up…Do I need to block anything off?

Set up…Dealer installed MPI turbo, 2.5 inch DD can, PC 5 pti, pod 300, autotune, hurricane map, 6 lbs of boost at sea level.

Thanks in advance

Finally found an intercooler for my 15 Viper XTX and plan is headshim and Studs next year but want to install intercooler and quick spool waste gate this year…Question I have is the intercooler comes with the high flow billet blowoff valve, and my understanding is there is a already a blowoff valve on the mpi turbo set up…Do I need to block anything off?

Set up…Dealer installed MPI turbo, 2.5 inch DD can, PC 5 pti, pod 300, autotune, hurricane map, 6 lbs of boost at sea level.

Thanks in advance

Do you have any pictures?

Here you go…and thanks for the move!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 113
back

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 118
Yes the Yamaha MPI low altitude kit that was a dealer add on with the above mentioned changes. I also have the bigger injectors.

Yes the Yamaha MPI low altitude kit that was a dealer add on with the above mentioned changes. I also have the bigger injectors.

All the hookups should be the same and really nothing will need to be capped from what I can remember when I have converted them.

You will use both the BOV on the turbo and the intercooler, simply tee into the vacuum line currently going to the turbo BOV and run a line to the intercooler BOV as well.

Thank you Allen...do you sell the hard ware that secures the intercooler and I'm also looking for the bracket for the quick spool waste gate...pretty sure the one I have is not for my MPI setup.

Attachments

• F5A630A2-75E0-4F02-988C-91254635240E.jpeg
    F5A630A2-75E0-4F02-988C-91254635240E.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 114

Back