• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI S/C INPUT wanted

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex GT
1. I can get my hands on anxmpu super charger kit for my 06 apex. Complete kit for 1000$ cad. The only thing I need to install it myself. I do mechanic for living so think I can figure it out. Was looking on the mpi wen page at the instructions... Just wondering if anyone has better instructions on how to install these.

2. How reliable are they? If I go go get than stage one do I need a head shim and bots? If I do can I still run pump gas or will I be mixing with race fuel?
I'm be to boost so any help would be great. To be honest I'm not even sure what stage this kit is... But I'm sure it worth more than 1000$

1. I can get my hands on anxmpu super charger kit for my 06 apex. Complete kit for 1000$ cad. The only thing I need to install it myself. I do mechanic for living so think I can figure it out. Was looking on the mpi wen page at the instructions... Just wondering if anyone has better instructions on how to install these.

2. How reliable are they? If I go go get than stage one do I need a head shim and bots? If I do can I still run pump gas or will I be mixing with race fuel?
I'm be to boost so any help would be great. To be honest I'm not even sure what stage this kit is... But I'm sure it worth more than 1000$
I had a friend with this kit on same year Apex, he was running 7lbs at sea level on premium fuel, stock engine, which I thought seemed like a bit too much, but it stayed together. I can't remember the pulleys used to get this level of boost, but a call to MPI will answer that.
I did install one of these kits on my Nytro i used to own. It took myself and a friend about 7 hours, but it was the first one we had done.
BTW, the Apex was very fast with this kit, you won't be disappointed. Can's say the same for the Nytro kit, it was faster, but not by a huge amount.

I had a friend with this kit on same year Apex, he was running 7lbs at sea level on premium fuel, stock engine, which I thought seemed like a bit too much, but it stayed together. I can't remember the pulleys used to get this level of boost, but a call to MPI will answer that.
I did install one of these kits on my Nytro i used to own. It took myself and a friend about 7 hours, but it was the first one we had done.
BTW, the Apex was very fast with this kit, you won't be disappointed. Can's say the same for the Nytro kit, it was faster, but not by a huge amount.
than joy....was this a stage 1?

In order to set the boost on theses is if done by re0lacing pulleys? And does that change the stage or stage 1,2,And 3 are tottaly different kits all together!?

Yes boost is changed by changing pulleys. Stage 1 compressor is different than stage 2&3.

22/26 for 5/6 psi early pulleys. 23/ 27 for later ones.
Reverse them for 10 to 12 psi.
No head shim or low compression pistons needed for 5-6 psi.

Make sure blower shaft is not broken before you buy.

Not a tough install.

Back