• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Supercharger Dyno Results

SPEED

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Took my Attak to Dyno-tech and tuned her in. Very impressive numbers for the s/c.
Running 26/24 pulley set-up producing 12lbs. boost @ sea level s/c pumped out 244 hp. on 100+ octane 50/50 mix @ trail safe numbers.
My compliments to MPI for an awesome set-up. Peak hp @ 10,600 rpm's
To see the actual run's you will have to go to dyno-tech site. :yam: :yam: :yam:

Nice! Did you have a good experience w/dynotech? Mine was 224hp and 120ftlb@12psi@9800RPM before jetting/tuning-would like to try again with new tune-Andy

mpi

Yes Andy, Have known Jim for 15 years , No bull, know's what he is doing. Would recommend him highly, Used to tune my pro-stock sled with him, Also ran his aerodyne turbo's on my polaris sleds 10 years ago.
Art

Jim will give you his input and suggestions ,you are hands on and do all the changes that he feels will improve your sled, If there is more hp to be found he will definatly put you in the right direction . I am not implying that anybody else would not do this just stating that in my experience with dyno-tech this is the way it is with them. I am bias in saying this because I have had past experience with them.
Art :Rockon: :Rockon:

Those numbers are awesome. I am very happy to hear my SC is as powerful as advertised! I just had a look at the runs that is awesome.

Your right gsxr for all of us at sea level running this boost you need to get your pressure up via an inline pump . Running the 24/24 gears on the compressor it may not be needed, but with the 26/24 pulley set-up it was a definate. Pressure fell off at higher rpm's.

I should have added this to the above post, Allen @ Ulmer Racing has a handle on the necessary pump, he can hook you guy's up with what is needed :Rockon: :Rockon:

Art, great numbers as we discussed the other day on the phone! I believe your wife was confused as to why I called Tuesday night about how your trip to New York went! LOL! If you find a pump that will replace the stock unit inside the tank let me know as that is a cleaner install than adding the inline pump! If I can help ya out with anything out let me know!

;)!

SCboost

Just splitting hairs here, Art, but before we began test I mistakenly punched in RX1 gear ratio to correct output shaft speed to crankshaft speed, Apex/ Attak gear ratio is very slightly lower, so your true HP peak is about 300 revs higher than the dyno data shows. No difference in HP, just where it's at.
Also in my DTR info I was surprised that boost pressure did not rise as the square of engine speed like centrifugal superchargers do--it was flatter, closer to roots supercharger boost rise (directly proportional to engine speed) . But after looking at Swiss Sledders/ Hammer's excellent info early on this site and looking at this particular supercharger compressor map, at high engine revs we are off in neverland on the map so what we have is air being overheated, beaten to death (evidenced by close to 350 CFM measured by my SuperFlow dyno), no way to make the 29 in hg boost at peak RPM that the boost at low RPM would indicate. So a guy with one of these Apex/ Attak SC kits might be better off with either lower compressor speed or a larger compressor.
The next one of these to come here will get compressed charge temp measured before and after the intercooler, just like I did with the early Bender turbo RX1 I posted on my website.
But Art should be very happy with 240+ HP. That tiny compressor still makes good HP, we just need more fuel pump capacity to keep up with 350 cfm of what's probably scary-hot air.

Good to know Jim, I guess we were wrong with that ratio input, I will be back in January hopefully , am going to order a boondocker controller and install pump and see where it's at.

Back