• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI SUPERCHARGER OIL CHANGE

wr420

Country
USA
Snowmobile
17 Sidewinder RTX
14 Viper RTX
08 Yamaha Nytro Supercharged stretched to 136"
1980 Yamaha Enticer
Can someone tell me the procedure for changing the oil in my MPI supercharger? I have the traction oil and filter from MPI but not sure what the process is. Any help would be appreciated.

That is Rotrex technical book for the c series superchargers.

Thank you. That told me everything I needed to know.

intresting that there is a priming procedure as MPI told me it was self priming and anyoil was good oil at the return????

What do you mean, that any oil was good oil at the return?

intresting that there is a priming procedure as MPI told me it was self priming and anyoil was good oil at the return????

Any oil is good oil? Not sure what your trying to say.

When I called about if my oil coming thru my return line was enough volume at idle or should I prime the unit to see if it increases the guy who answered the phone went and asked someone else and when he returned he said the pump is self priming and any amount of oil returning was "good oil" the directions posted from the manufacturer says you need to prime it and states how to.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

Is your Super Charger returning traction fluid or not?

It seems to be just at a trickle thou

Perfect. Its not going to be a garden hose at Idle.

Thanks I appreciate your help

If I could hijack your thread for a minute while we've got MPI here, what size of sensor goes in the bottom of the oil cooler?? Thanks In advance!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 288
The oil reservoir/cooler on my Nytro is 1/8" NPT I would assume it is the same on the Apex.

Back