• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI supercharger question.

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex GT
I have the opportunity to buy a MPI supercharger at a great price from a guy. he is not sure what stage it is because it is of a wreck sled. Is there an easy way to find out? the only clue I have pointing me to possibly being a stage 2 is that he sais the engine it came out of had head shims. Don't think you need shims for running stage one @ 240 hp but what do I know! expert advice would be greatly appreciated. as far as pricing I think 1000$ CAD for the complete set up is a good deal. The only thing wrong with it is a bent bracket witch I might be able to repair or buy a new one from mpi.

Yes you need a head shim to run a Stage 1 at 10 psi. (240 ish hp)
What are the pulleys?
If 26/22 likely a Stage 1.

Make sure you check over the blower carefully.

There were some issues with dependability and replacements are very pricey.
MPI stopped making them and I "think" one of the reasons was their source for the blower unit would not stand behind it.
I loved mine on my RX 1 and had no issues but the one we put on my old Apex broke a shaft 1st year. took forever to get parts from blower manufacturer. MPI were as frustrated as we were.

Back