• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Tunnell Extension

DaveyBoy

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Website
lacroixmotorsports.tripod.com
I am not happy with MPI right now. I ordered their 136 extension back in august It came with no directions,i called they said they would fax some over it was scribble coulkdnt make it out,and then they say they will mail me as et well its been 2 weeks no directions.I have it pretty much figured out but i have drilled all the rivets out so it will lay flat on the tunnell but they only give u 24 3/16 th rivets small head and 5 large head 3/16th I assume these are for the snow flap but want to be sure and what about all the other rivets i drilled out I want to re do all the ones that i drilled out cause i think it needs it anyone out there have done this can u help i am going to leave it stock if i cant get any info thanks Davey

I did install the same ext as you. I did get the paperwork, but not enough rivets (same amount as you got). I bought some Yamaha type rivets and finished off the work. I like the new ext. looks great. If you do not get the papers, I can put mine in my scanner and mail them to you.

rxrider

rxrider thanks i assume i will not get them no biggy i guess If u would can u answer a few ??`s

1 Did u remove the goldish colored brackets and leave then off undeer the rear

2 How many more rivets did u use

thats alli can think of right now thanks for reply :Rockon:

Dave

If you are referring to the two on the rear of each side of tunnell. Yes I did remove them. Although the installation manual does not say anything about removing them I did. I figured they were not nesessary.

The kit are short of a few 4-6 rivets, there are no one to spare if one screw up. I did use some more cause I made a few more holes in the tunnell and extention just to be shure it was enough.

rxrider said:
I did install the same ext as you. I did get the paperwork, but not enough rivets (same amount as you got). I bought some Yamaha type rivets and finished off the work. I like the new ext. looks great. If you do not get the papers, I can put mine in my scanner and mail them to you.

rxrider

I went and got the dbl. flare rivets at the dealership too. I wish I could've helped you more Dave, but I threw out the directions this summer - Doh!!!

Back