• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mtx Steering post Slop

Cable810

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX MPI 190
My steering post is bad and need a fix for it. I searched and searched and cannot find anything pertaining to the Viper MTX. Oft I assume is out of business, I checked ulmers and it doesn't looke like it's the over for the mtx. I'm at a loss. I don't wanna put a factory bushing back in... It's loose, it sticks half the time, Riding trails it a workout and I'm plain over it.

I considered the Oft bushings and block, but went with originals due to pricing. I think Oft are out of business as well, can't seem to find those parts anymore. The trick is to adjust the suspension properly, more pressure on center spring is a must. You could also relocate center spring for added pressure (move lower mounting point an inch forward). The skis -and adjustments for darting also has a lot of impact on cornering.

I swapped the bushings with originals 2 seasons ago and no issues so far with my setup. I drive a 162", I'm short and light but the steering doesn't bother me.

I went with the original bushing at the tripod post. Issue has been solved with the sticking half. Still a little tight but I think I found the culprit.

Back