• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Much talked about mach z sidewinder race

Lots of crickets from both sides so far on this one? Very surprised there's not a video online yet.

There's not of alot of them out there yet. I think we will see a video in a couple of weeks.

The sidewinder being out since 2017 and the power has not changed since would leave me to believe that the ski doo would be faster since they have a bench mark to compare it to.
But throw a mild 240ss tune in the winder and its bye bye.
But has anyone dynoed a 22 srx?
Did yamaha bump up the power this year?
As we all know their is plenty of room to increase hp with no engine issues.

They already raced them on the "keyboard" at DooTalk. It wasn't even a race! Mach for the win!

No need to put them on snow people, the Mach has a anti-lag stutter that acts like a slingshot. The Winder is heavy and can't leave the line, we all know that already though. LOL! The Winder will get beat if you haven been to DooTalk to see the keyboard race for yourself.

Guy with a tune in the old 900t hangs right and will even beat the 270 Winders. So the Mach will pour the coals to them. I better go get me a Mach if I want to hang I guess...

my 2 cents... stock for stock.... I would be shocked to see the MachZ lose to the SRX in a drag race as they had all the time in the world to get it right. Top end... It will be the SRX. However, I still think the TCAT will be the one to give the MachZ the flap in a drag race because of the gearing and clutching. The Cat will also beat it on top end. It looks like BRP is sending them out with the rear skid in the fully coupled position for less transfer. I get it as it was designed for trail riding, but you would think it would want to win the impromptu drag race... We shall see.

We have snow here but unfortunately the 900R and two new Sidewinders my riding group ordered probably wont be delivered for months. I find it very disappointing as we would have had the perfect sleds for a stock to stock shootout already done.
I am pretty sure the stock 998s will be the stock Doo faithful's dream crushers.

I can't wait to see these guy use their Mach's anti-lag in the snow just blowing the track away while the Winder drive away.
I have anti-lag and find it quite worthless on an actual trail sled in the snow. It is ZERO advantage over a machine without it. I find it best to leave on the throttle and even then just squeezing ever so slowly and allowing it to hook depending on snow conditions.

I have a buddy that has a 900t with a tune in it, we modded the muffler and dit the whole works on it and even he said it wasn't close to running with his nephews stock 9000 Cat 998. He's honest and said these guys on DooTalk that think they can run with stock winders are fooling themselves think they can. He's ordered the new Mach so I'll get a chance to ride it this winter too, he's hoping its faster than the tuned up 900t's were, which I'm sure they will be, but still a ways to go IMO. He didn't buy it thinking he'd be fast. Put a tune in a Winder and its game over for any 900 Doo.

Last edited:
Ya, they have it won!!!
Keyboard jockys over at Doo talk are like watching a UFC fight where the one guy comes out all cocky and their opponent just stands there saying nothing. Next thing you know the cocky one is stiff on the mat wondering where the hell he is and trying to fight the ref.

We’ll see soon enough.

If the customer puts enough studs in the track to get some use out of the anti-lag the thing isn't going to turn without slowing down and letting the front end transfer down. They already don't turn that well. Plus the added weight to the track will scrub top end. You really can't have it both ways.

Back