• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Muffler soft heat shield repair ideas?

Just read the description. Adhesive is likely not gonna withstand the heat on part #3.
Just read the description. Adhesive is likely not gonna withstand the heat on part #3.
That product was just one example, if you go to the dei website they offer a ton of products that are used everday in hotrods, dragsters etc which are a super abusive environment so im sure you can find a product that best suits your application, we have used many of their heat protection products on drag cars with great success& with huge engines they get very hot in the summer while racing

View attachment 161430
We use the dei tunnel shield with very good results, yes it has adhesive backing& good to 1750 degrees

I have used this all over my 1000 outlander when I bought it including right next the the exhaust and muffler. Works great and unlike my Winder it gets wet, full of mud and all kinds of other crap and still works and sticks great. Surface was very clean (new) when I put it on 3 years ago.

Why dont you just buy a new heat shield. Lots of race sleds out there, you should be able to find a good used one too.

New one is $105 plus this is the second one I’m one. Looking for a permanent solution.

Those heat pads on the DEI website looks kinda like what’s on our sleds...lol. I am thinking of trying that heat sheet they sell. Should be thin enough to attach to current pad I’m trying to repair.

Royal Distributing sells what's called a "Helix racing heat shield with adhesive" P/N 401-1302, 18"x18" for $42 CAD or but direct from Helix.(Summit also sell it).
I use it on the inside of my panels, and plan on using it around the muffler when I tune this fall, it works well.
The website claims 2000 degree F max ambient temp, 1200 degrees F constant.

Importations Thibault carries the Helix heat shield products also. Surely there will be someone in your area who has them a s a vendor.
I would think most automotive stores would have heat shield products in their catalogues also.

Back