• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Muffler

1nc 2000

Lifetime Member Tim
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha FX Nytro RTX SE
Is this muffler what they use to make the 3" aftermarket muffler?
Screenshot_20191024-170503_Chrome.jpg

Its the same body they make for the 3.5" version if it has dual reverse perforated cones in it.

Got to tell you though, its LOUD!

I Tried a Sandale 3.5" Outlaw 1 and took it right off after one day. I had to see if it was any better and made more power than the Hurricane 2.5" quiet trail muffler and honestly there wasn't any power to be had that I could find. Dave even told me I wouldn't pick up anything, (maybe 5 HP at best) and he was right. All it did more was make noise. Had to wear earplugs. They claim it wasn't any louder than their 3" trail muffler like my buddy runs, but wether it is or isn't, its embarrassingly loud to trail ride with and go thru town or run thru a gas station. My bud gets headaches riding with his 3" and has to wear earplugs too.

Its the same body they make for the 3.5" version if it has dual reverse perforated cones in it.

I Tried a Sandale 3.5" Outlaw 1 and took it right off after one day. I had to see if it was any better and made more power than the Hurricane 2.5" quiet trail muffler and honestly there wasn't any power to be had that I could find. Dave even told me I wouldn't pick up anything, (maybe 5 HP at best) and he was right. All it did more was make noise. Had to wear earplugs. They claim it wasn't any louder than their 3" trail muffler like my buddy runs, but wether it is or isn't, its embarrassingly loud to trail ride with and go thru town or run thru a gas station. My bud gets headaches riding with his 3" and has to wear earplugs too.

And a ticket for a load muffler & closing a trail down by the land owner.

I run the 2 1/2" Hurricane quiet trail muffler from the first batch made. Didn't know it had that much flow compared to the 3".
Thanks for the info.

I run the 2 1/2" Hurricane quiet trail muffler from the first batch made. Didn't know it had that much flow compared to the 3".
Thanks for the info.

Same here, first batch 2.5" Hurricane quiet trail as well. I only tried the 3.5 Outlaw cause Sandale said 8 HP more than the 3" like my buddy runs. Well, we run side by side with my 2.5 quiet trail, and after I installed the 3.5 we were still side by side, and I couldn't pull any more RPM or clutch weight at all. To top it off I couldn't stand how much more the noise the bigger muffler made, it was awful!

I don't know how but it seems my Hurricane muffler is getting louder over time too, not sure if there is sound insulation inside burning out or not. I know its not like a packed silencer that burns out, but its gotten a bit louder somehow and I wear earplugs with it now too. I'll have to talk to Dave about it. May go back to the stock muffler and stock muffler tunes and be super quiet.

Same here, first batch 2.5" Hurricane quiet trail as well. I only tried the 3.5 Outlaw cause Sandale said 8 HP more than the 3" like my buddy runs. Well, we run side by side with my 2.5 quiet trail, and after I installed the 3.5 we were still side by side, and I couldn't pull any more RPM or clutch weight at all. To top it off I couldn't stand how much more the noise the bigger muffler made, it was awful!

I don't know how but it seems my Hurricane muffler is getting louder over time too, not sure if there is sound insulation inside burning out or not. I know its not like a packed silencer that burns out, but its gotten a bit louder somehow and I wear earplugs with it now too. I'll have to talk to Dave about it. May go back to the stock muffler and stock muffler tunes and be super quiet.

My 2.5" stainless D&D muffler is getting louder too since new too. I wonder why? It supposedly doesn't have any packing inside but it's definitely getting louder. Now gotta wear earplugs for long days on the seat. Ugh!

I used a vibrant 1142 3" ultra quiet resonator. will see how it sound on the trail this winter. it was strait pipe before.

My 2.5" stainless D&D muffler is getting louder too since new too. I wonder why? It supposedly doesn't have any packing inside but it's definitely getting louder. Now gotta wear earplugs for long days on the seat. Ugh!

I'd wager even the baffled mufflers have some sound deadening in them and its burning out. Every factory snowmobile muffler I've cut open has had fiber packing of some sort in it to absorb noise.

I had the same results between a 2.25 ggb muffler, 2.5 superquiet, 2.5 turbo force and the 3 inch sandale. All turn the same rpm, just the noise level changes.

I had the same results between a 2.25 ggb muffler, 2.5 superquiet, 2.5 turbo force and the 3 inch sandale. All turn the same rpm, just the noise level changes.

Yes, the friend that allowed me to try the 3.5" said he found no more HP with the noisemaker over a much quieter 2.5" quiet muffler either. We both tried adding weight only to see performance and RPM drop off.

Interesting. You would think by going to the 3.5, RPMs would pick up. Even with a 5-6 HP gain, that could mean a gram more in weight . Thanks for sharing the info.

Heh Mike,

As much as I am a fan of yours I need to chime in as what you’re saying isn’t true! You’re painting a picture that reminds me of a certain someone and let’s face it, you’re better then that!

The 3.5” muffler was something that I came up with more so to see if there were any gains over and above the killer systems we already offer!

There was a substantial gain with Precision EFI tunes, especially on stage 2. Stage 3, the power was about the same as our 3”.

The Hurricane tunes were similar, however the gains weren’t as drastic. Still very similar to our 3inch however the heartbreaker still made more!

It was on the dyno when we noticed how much quieter the outlaw was then any other muffler that we tried. The only change we made when in production was cutting off a little of the bottom so it didn’t protrude too far past the bellypan. We have 2500+ miles on this muffler as it’s on our shop sled and yes it is quieter!! You have an agenda and I get that! Please do not come on here and bash our products because it didn’t work how you had expected.., you are the same guy that stated so strongly against cold “warm” air intakes! ***If you really need to know, Dave tried ordering 10 of these mufflers from us so not sure what you're saying***

We do extensive testing on any product we offer before release!

The outlaw 1 muffler was a limited run as the muffler we chose was discontinued shortly after we came up the idea. Had this not worked to our liking there wouldn’t have been such a mad scramble to buy out vendors inventory!

The feedback I have received is awesome, I have one local guy wanting to buy the last 3 that we have in stock so no one else around here gets one!

I have a customer in the Toronto area who does radar runs and picked up 2 mph over his “other” muffler just by bolting this on!

In our testing, the outlaw 1.0 had the best speed of the day! 4 Sidewinder owners were there to witness that it was quieter then the Hyperflow and Heartbreaker!!

We don’t lie about our products to push sales.... the core was double the price, the bends are double the price so why would we even bother if it didn’t work?

Again, I do appreciate your knowledge however I think you’ve missed it here!

Mike

Reactions: BTP
@SanDale Fabrication have you dyno'd the hurricane 2 1/2" quiet muffler with the same tune setup against your 3" muffler and what was the hp difference?
With a 270r or 290r tune.

Back