• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Muffler

Sorry Clutch, that was misleading as I wasn't trying to poke at Mike for this...I stated that I was a fan of his as I have always appreciated his knowledge, just simply that these forums get out of hand quickly and I don't want SanDale to be a part of bashing etc as we don't get involved in the nonsense! The "agenda" was more so pushing other products which I'm fine with, we all have our favorites.

***Sorry if I've come across a little harsh, it is not like me to do so! I lost my wife tragically on Oct 16 so my brain isn't all there right now***

I’m so sorry for your loss, keeping you in our prayers here at TY!

Could be I was too lean, my 02 module took a crap as I was doing this test. I do have Dave's big fuel pump and regulator however so can't say exactly what the AF was all the time, I started at 12.1 on the meter before the module took a crap so could only assume it wasn't too awful lean. I know it didn't deto if it was lean. I've gone down to 12.9 AF before when ramming in outside air into a real CAI I had poking thru the front of the hood and for certain that was a power gain (picked up a lot of RPM there), but figured I'd best not run it that lean and went away from poking it thru the front of the hood.

Still it was too loud for my liking which I know is subjective, but I was just more looking for power, noise be dammmed.

Could be I was too lean, my 02 module took a crap as I was doing this test. I do have Dave's big fuel pump and regulator however so can't say exactly what the AF was all the time, I started at 12.1 on the meter before the module took a crap so could only assume it wasn't too awful lean. I know it didn't deto if it was lean. I've gone down to 12.9 AF before when ramming in outside air into a real CAI I had poking thru the front of the hood and for certain that was a power gain (picked up a lot of RPM there), but figured I'd best not run it that lean and went away from poking it thru the front of the hood.

Still it was too loud for my liking which I know is subjective, but I was just more looking for power, noise be dammmed.

Sorry Mike, I know these performance mufflers are not for everyone! Sound is to the “ear” of the beholder! In testing on the dyno, the Heartbreaker always shakes the walls... I was shocked when the Outlaw was quieter then both the Hyperflow and Heartbreaker. I think the low end rumble coming through the 3.5 core may not be for everyone but WOT it is not loud (IMO).

As for power, I do appreciate your feedback however I think you’re probably at the Max with your set up! Dave’s tunes are definitely the most violent in the industry therefore I don’t think there’s much room for improvement with the stock turbo.

Thanks Mike and best of luck this season

Back