• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 2018 Apex 50th XTX

If your talking about tunnel protector reinforcement from port yamaha, i dont think they are selling them anymore. Not positive, Keven never answered my email. But i read that they arent selling them. I pulled mine out this week and had them done. I got a piece of aluminum from menards and cut out the gussets, $10. Had a local fab shop weld them in, $20. Pretty easy

Screenshot_2017-10-28-13-52-20.png

Well I have had this sled for a few weeks now and am finally getting some time to go thru it and make some changes that I want to do. As I add the items listed below I will add some pictures so you can see the progress.

• Curves with Woody Slim-Jims
  • Yamaha Reinforcements- Port Yamaha
  • Yamaha Windshield Bag
  • Lake Effect Bar Riser 1" over stock
  • Thumb and Hand Boosters from Rockmeister
  • Power Supply from Rockmeister
  • Power Madd Guard, LEDs & Mirrors from Port Yamaha
  • I-grips screw in studs into the 1 3/4 back country
View attachment 132001 View attachment 132002 View attachment 132003 View attachment 132004 View attachment 132005 View attachment 132006 View attachment 132007
View attachment 132014

Between your great looking new Apex and the Red Sidewinder on the lift behind it, how are you ever going to choose which one of those sick sleds to ride when the snow flies? Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo? Wow, the best there is to ride in that garage!

Tom, what dealer did you end up getting your Apex? I remember mentioning Nelson's in that post from last February about snow checking so was curious if you found a better deal.

Between your great looking new Apex and the Red Sidewinder on the lift behind it, how are you ever going to choose which one of those sick sleds to ride when the snow flies? Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo? Wow, the best there is to ride in that garage!
Thanks Man, I have been a good boy. When you work 3 jobs.. I only have spare time for my Fiance and Sleds.. She gets the pick and I get the other sled :)

Now that is one sharp Apex!!!
Thanks and thanks everyone who is making comments. Its nice to see.

Tom, what dealer did you end up getting your Apex? I remember mentioning Nelson's in that post from last February about snow checking so was curious if you found a better deal.

Port Yamaha has always killed the pricing for me..and with it being a home town family owned business the customer service is #1.

• Installed the HID Lights & Windshield Bag
Apex2 (7).JPG
Apex2 (4).JPG

• Installed the Bar Riser
Apex2 (8).JPG
Apex2 (9).JPG

• Installed the Hand Guards , Led Light on the Guards
Apex2 (2).JPG
Apex2 (3).JPG
Apex2 (5).JPG

• Installed the Rock Power Supply
Apex2 (6).JPG

Awesome sled !! You will have to update us on the new shock in the rear suspension. The new front shocks might let you over drive the rear.

• I-grips in the track, this new back country track has some really good toughness to it, I think the grips will work great for trail.
Apex2 (10).JPG
Apex2 (11).JPG
Apex2 (12).JPG
Apex2 (13).JPG

• Finally ready for some snow.
Apex2 (14).JPG
Apex2 (15).JPG

Port Yamaha has always killed the pricing for me..and with it being a home town family owned business the customer service is #1.

I should have figured it was Port Yamaha with the early availability of the 2018 Apex's. Hell, most times when ordering parts and they don't have them in stock, they can get them the next day. They are my main source for OEM parts and always tell Kevin one of these days I'm going to buy a sled from them because as you mentioned, their customer service is second to none. However, with them being over 8 hours away from me, it may not be feasible; Nelson's is about 3.5 hours away from me but were the only ones to offer that pricing as compared to some closer dealers. So, the wait will continue...:(

BTW, what's the air pump for?

Back