• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My digital display went out on 2012 Vector LTX

gpillsy

I have a 2012 Vector LTX. Last time riding in the U.P. the display had moisture in it. When I got home I put the sled in my heated garage and took the cowl apart. I noticed the rubber boot over the wiring harness was pulled away. I disconnected the display and brought it in the house to dry. I pulled the screws out to open the unit to dry. After a couple of days, I put the unit back together and installed in the sled with the rubber boot now in place. When I started the sled, the display wouldn't come on. The only thing that worked was the high beam light indicator. Any ideas? I replaced fuses, tested relays, swapped relays, etc.
I am at a loss. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I have a 2012 Vector LTX. Last time riding in the U.P. the display had moisture in it. When I got home I put the sled in my heated garage and took the cowl apart. I noticed the rubber boot over the wiring harness was pulled away. I disconnected the display and brought it in the house to dry. I pulled the screws out to open the unit to dry. After a couple of days, I put the unit back together and installed in the sled with the rubber boot now in place. When I started the sled, the display wouldn't come on. The only thing that worked was the high beam light indicator. Any ideas? I replaced fuses, tested relays, swapped relays, etc.
I am at a loss. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like something came apart when you took the cover off it... never take apart stuff like that unless you can live with the consequences.

Maybe disconnect and reconnect the wiring a couple of times to see if it comes back on. You may have bent or broke a pin in the connector... have a look see.

Sounds like something came apart when you took the cover off it... never take apart stuff like that unless you can live with the consequences.

Thanks MrSled. Taking screws out and splitting the case shouldn't cause it to quit. I checked connections twice. I had to do that to a 2010 Vector with no issues after. I will keep digging.

I had a similar issue on my 06 Apex, everything was dead except the high beam indicator and the sled ran fine. I found a loose ground connection in the multi ground block for the gauge harness. Mine was down along the bulkhead. A pin had partially broke and wasnt contacting anymore.

Back