• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My first Yamaha...wondering about fluids

ben992

Website
www.divoil.com
WEBSITE
http://www.divoil.com
I must admit that I have been a Honda man and still have a Honda quad. This 600 Grizzly is a whole new deal to me. I have never had an automatic before.

Now for my question: I run Amsoil in everything I own. What kind of fluid goes in the transmission??? Is it like a wet clutch configuration where the motor oil and the tranny share the oil?? (I know it isn't a wet clutch just wondering how it is lubricated.) Where all will I need fluild. Front/rear diff, crankcase, tranny???

What else? Do these have oil filters???

Oil change is like a car with a filter under the left side panels....similar to a newer lawn tractor filter. Diff fluids is a 90 weight gear lube and the clutches need to be service by greasing if you get the drive system wet by submerging the atv under water only if the fenders go under....all of this info is in your owners manual and I have some info on greasing you clutch in the tech area on Totallyamaha.com.

;)!

Thanks, but I don't have a manual. We should probably go buy one! How much would it cost to have the top end of the engine redone? It is making alot of noise. Like I said--just bought it--99 Grizzly--thought we got a good deal $2700.

Back