• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My fishing mods

Excellent mods, nice work! I just wish the video was right side up. I kept waiting for you to fall off the earth.

I was just checking out Biker Mike's ice fishing mods to his wheeler... recently posted to Youtube.

Ha! I never thought about that. I guess my career as a YouTuber is over before it starts.

Ha! I never thought about that. I guess my career as a YouTuber is over before it starts.
Far from it; we each learn something from this great forum every day. Exchange ideas, refine, enhance, improve. Exactly as you say in your original post... an evolving process. You don't have to shoot for perfection the first time out if you know you can always change it to improve.

Nice!

I also use my VK Pro for ice fishing and have made a few modifications - I created a post about my dual battery setup, it has been a lifesaver on those super cold mornings...

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/vk-pro-ice-fishing-dual-battery-set-up.144490/

More recently I removed that powder hoop from the top of the bars and mounted my Helix 7 in its place. No vibration and it is in the perfect place.

I considered your battery mod but the lithium booster pack seems to work pretty well.
On my bearcat I had the gps mounted on the handlebars but on the Viking it works better for me. There’s so little vibration that having it mounted on the dash works well.

I have my Viking set up pretty well now, it’s an ever evolving process

Very nice set up. With your Lowrance, what model is that and does the screen freeze up on you?? Have you had it out using it at below -25?? Like the drilll config!!

Very nice set up. With your Lowrance, what model is that and does the screen freeze up on you?? Have you had it out using it at below -25?? Like the drilll config!!
That’s the HDS 5 , no problems with cold as cold as -40

How do you like those grips you have for your shovel? I looked at them but figured they'd be too brittle in the cold...

I did experience 1 problem, there’s a plastic “square washer” where you bolt these on, mine cracked. I made new ones out of steel.
They work slick!!

Back