• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RTX LE 50th BUILD THREAD-ROCKERDAN

NEW Belt-Adjuster by 'Barn O Parts'

Just got the new version belt adjuster from Travis at Barn o parts. I really like what Travis has done with the design. The new Octagonal body is able to be gripped and turned by hand. And if you install a setup with more backpressure you certainly can still use the two holes in either side with an allen key to turn it in and change the belt.

Travis says the new nylon sliders on the back are now easily replaceable(just press fit) if need be down the road. I would think they will last a long time unless you are doing a zillion belt changes maybe.

For my winder, Travis sent me 4 large washers....I installed them between the stock float plug and the BOP adjuster, I believe he does this so he can make one design for all the YAM models. I also installed the factory large flat washer, with the new supplied longer bolt, which now uses a 17mm wrench/socket to install. And I put a dab of blue loctite on the allen bolt that clamps down the adjuster tightly.

I really love the new design from Travis, as my OSP adjuster had stripped out when trying to change a belt with a bigger sec spring.....This adjuster IMO is now the king of all adjusters for the YAM models.

Pics and vid.....

Dan

octogon adjsuter.jpeg

IMG_1382.JPG
IMG_1383.JPG

Last edited:

Primary Rollers - 14.8mm Hi Performance Rollers by Thunder Products

My stock rollers took a beating and were looking quite rough. I decided to install these. Lonn sent me these out up here to my place in Canada and they got here quickly, very nice rollers that should last long.

I installed my rollers and weights using O-rings on the bolts, Just trying to quiet down some of the rattle at idle, will see how it worked once I get some test time in.

Dan
IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

looking forward to see how the 0-rings work out! look like the same ones that come with the STM clutch kit!

They look very rugged dan,did the small o ring on each end quiet that rattle down any?

looking forward to see how the 0-rings work out! look like the same ones that come with the STM clutch kit!
I would prefer a thin flat fiber washer i think. As the O-ring just gets crushed out(even tho its quite small) and will likely not hold up overtime. But will see what happens.

Dan

Dan,
BOP adjuster looks solid enough, I have it in transit along with TP rollers & Big Venom kit. I only called for glide washers & primary rollers but speaking with Lonn one thing led to another.

Gap Flasher with Hurricane 240r, 270r, 290r - 'Jukebox'

Got my clutching all squared away and got to get some test runs in using the Live Data via GAP FLASHER App and my iPhone mounted with my case setup. All of this worked incredibly well! I used the fairly recent iOS 11 feature(screenshot recording) to capture a couple of the runs. This allows me to go back and look at my run frame by frame anytime in a video form which aids in clutching among many other things. Video capture below.

My initial test today with new clutching was just about spot on where I wanted things first try. I can't say enough about Dalton components and how perfectly my engine RPMs thru the shift curve with this setup. I will post more details on clutch setup with pics in a follow up post very soon.

Watch these 3 videos in order....as this was how I went about it today.

Short description below above each specific video. -Dan

Just a short video of the GAP flasher APP on my iPhone X. There are more parameters in the app, and lots more to do on initial setup but this is basically showing the live data aspect of the GAP flasher with my Hurricane maps, also known as "jukebox".

This is my first test run using the Live Data in the GAP Flasher app. My iPhone X/app connects via BT to the flasher and is mounted to a RAM mount on the riser as shown in previous video. This is two back to back 2400 to 2500ft test runs with 240r HP map first , then 270r HP map. Sitting tall and not even tucking down, as this was just a test, and the raw power is simply incredible! I did not hold it WOT for more then 1500 ft or so, as I rolled into it as seen on live data capture. Hurricane tunes using GAPs Jukebox. This is an iPhone screenshot recording so obviously no sound. Watch carefully the 4 parameters I have set for RPMS, SPEED, (IAT)Intake Air Temp, and BOOST. Also watch after first run where I open jukebox and swap instantly to 270r map......Knock protection blipped after approx 2300ft total run on 270r map which was expected on the fuel in the sled currently. For the purpose of this video capture, I set the phone/case vertically(Portrait).

Some observations after first few runs using the live data with iPhone through the GAP FLasher app.....also new clutching impressions and some early GPS speeds. Not 100% sure where the APP gets it's top speed from, I assume the speedo but I could be wrong. Will be asking Dave this question soon. GPS doesn't lie though and all that really matters.

Last edited:
NEW Belt-Adjuster by 'Barn O Parts'

Just got the new version belt adjuster from Travis at Barn o parts. I really like what Travis has done with the design. The new Octagonal body is able to be gripped and turned by hand. And if you install a setup with more backpressure you certainly can still use the two holes in either side with an allen key to turn it in and change the belt.

Travis says the new nylon sliders on the back are now easily replaceable(just press fit) if need be down the road. I would think they will last a long time unless you are doing a zillion belt changes maybe.

For my winder, Travis sent me 4 large washers....I installed them between the stock float plug and the BOP adjuster, I believe he does this so he can make one design for all the YAM models. I also installed the factory large flat washer, with the new supplied longer bolt, which now uses a 17mm wrench/socket to install. And I put a dab of blue loctite on the allen bolt that clamps down the adjuster tightly.

I really love the new design from Travis, as my OSP adjuster had stripped out when trying to change a belt with a bigger sec spring.....This adjuster IMO is now the king of all adjusters for the YAM models.

Pics and vid.....

Dan

View attachment 136860 View attachment 136861

Hey Dan did you have to cut a hole in your side panel so the belt adjuster would fit? :rofl: Man that thing sticks out some.

A deep 12mm socket and ratchet also works great for changing a belt.

Back