• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Venture MP Experience

Tightening the strap puts weight on the skis, I would say you want the opposite. The sway bar will have little effect in deep powder. Adjusting the control rods for length controls how much the weight of the sled can shift back onto the track (off of the skis) when under power/taking off. If any of the above seems screwed up it may be ... not my area of expertise.

My grief with the MP in deep powder at lower speeds is that it would just pick a side and roll/tip and not come back up. In the worst of conditions my new VK had the same tendency but not as bad by a long ways. I put 11 inch skins on it and haven't a complaint now. I also have the left hand throttle on the VK and I think that has its applications on the MP.

Tightening the strap puts weight on the skis, I would say you want the opposite. The sway bar will have little effect in deep powder. Adjusting the control rods for length controls how much the weight of the sled can shift back onto the track (off of the skis) when under power/taking off. If any of the above seems screwed up it may be ... not my area of expertise.

My grief with the MP in deep powder at lower speeds is that it would just pick a side and roll/tip and not come back up. In the worst of conditions my new VK had the same tendency but not as bad by a long ways. I put 11 inch skins on it and haven't a complaint now. I also have the left hand throttle on the VK and I think that has its applications on the MP.

That's basically the problem I have... seemed to want to roll to a side no matter what I did. I did adjust the straps this morning, though. Went from hole #1 to 2. For some reason it (I) did better in 1-2' powder. I was on ungroomed, wind drifted hills, and fields. Then about 45 miles of fresh snow covered trails. I don't get it, but it feels better. Maybe watching Nxt LVL youtube videos last night helped! :)

I'll keep playing with it, and see if more/less adjustments help.

Back