• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need a little help

soltys

So I'm servicing my 2006 Nytro and after I changed the oil (2 Litres in then fire then add the third Litre) I go to fire the sled again and I've got the '!' warning lamp on that won't go off. I brought the sled up to temperature and checked all the levels again and everything seems O.K.

So I need some help as to what to do or try next.

Thanks.

You happen to forget to plug the sensor wire back into the dipstick after adding the 3rd bottle?

No - that was what I thought of first - that the connection was dirty or I accidentally got oil on it. But everything is connected and clean.

No code flashing, just the "!" symbol?

Are you low on fuel? That's the only time that light comes on without a code flashing that I can think of.

You know that I didn't even think of that. I've got the sled elevatated now to service the front end and maybe it was enought to put the little fuel I have to go to the back of the tank.

I'll give that a look. One of those things that makes the mind fear the worse especially right after an oil change.

I just had a simmilar experience. I was bleeding the coolant system and when complete, I took it for a spin. The yellow triangle with the exclamation point came on. I naturally thought that I didn't get the coolant system bled properly and it was over heating. It had a "_000" code associated with it. I had 2 bars on my fuel guage but added 5 gallons of fuel. The warning went away. I re-bled the coolant again for good measure. Took it for a rip and haven't had any issues so far.

Same for me I bought my 2015 vector in august did a full service, a arm bushings all bearings, plugs oil change got snow and took it out the warning light was on. Freaked me out being my first Yamaha and digital dash thought I messed it up. Ended up being barely any fuel

Back