1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a measurement please

Discussion in 'SideWinder Mountain Talk' started by Nikolai, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai VIP Member VIP Member

Could someone with a Sidewinder Mountain please measure the clearance inbetween the top of the rear suspension front arm and the track?

And I’m 99% sure all the Sidewinders use 7-tooth 3” pitch drivers but please let me know if you have something else.

Thanks.

3. Nikolai

I’m looking for what the shortest distance is between the track any part of the front arm(might even be the shock mount).

I’m building a sled and want to know if I can lower the driveshaft 1/2” without the track rubbing anything.

4. kennyspec

kennyspec Expert

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    nytro
    Is the sidewinder the same tunnel as the viper? If so I could measure that on my viper for you.

5. Nikolai

The tunnels should be close but I just realized that the front arm has 2 holes and I jigged the lower hole. Which means if the front arm can go up then obviously the driveshaft can move down the same amount. So I don’t need a measurement, I can’t believe I didn’t think of this earlier.

6. loudelectronics

loudelectronics TY 4 Stroke Guru

2018 plus have 8 tooth drivers.