• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need advice about backpack.

I have an HMK and it is a wicked pack. Has a spot for my hydration pack as well the shovel and probe. Lots of little pockets to organize small items....and most important it's very comfortable.

Seems like everybody I ride with has a different backpack (Demon, BCA, HMK, Oakley, FLY, and Klim). I like the new HMK (2010 model) backpack. It was the biggest for the amount of money, very easy to get the shovel out, and it seems to keep the water out. I would buy the HMK this summer but I am going with the BCA Float 30 Avalanche Airbag Backpack for safety reasons.

I have used a True Adventure pack for 3 seasons. Very well made with tons of features. It comes in 2 sizes and they guarantee the fit. I am a, uh hum, larger guy, and the Storm pack fits over my coat AND Tekvest. Comfortable , reasonable price for the features, and very durable. Check them out http://www.tagear.us/product_info.php?products_id=127

Viper_Dave said:
I have used a True Adventure pack for 3 seasons. Very well made with tons of features. It comes in 2 sizes and they guarantee the fit. I am a, uh hum, larger guy, and the Storm pack fits over my coat AND Tekvest. Comfortable , reasonable price for the features, and very durable. Check them out http://www.tagear.us/product_info.php?products_id=127

I really like this backpack

i have the Klim... too small IMO. I am going to be looking for something different for next year. Good day pack for UP or some trail riding.... Not for Mnt riding.

Stoli, that's why I chose the Storm pack. 1st trip EVER to Tog and I neede to carry enough for 2 guys. My riding partner was 71 when we went and I carried his gear as well as mine. Felt like a pack mule, but knew his trip would be ruined if he had to carry the stuff he needed. I had overnight gear for 2 guys for 2 dayd , as well as an extensive list of emergency items, IE, ropes, flare etc. Handled it all with room for the hydration bag and 4 Powerades LOL!!

well lots of thoughts so far...will add a slightly different opinion...

Packs all start with how tall you are...If your over 6' do yourself a favor an narrow the search to "tall torso" packs only...

If your under 6' this is not an issue...

Those of us over 6' this will allow us to ahve a pack that fits, adn that is not set with teh straps all the way out, and still sittin on the top of our backs...

Weight balance is key, and life is too short to have a pack that flops or does not fit properly...It carries all yoru safety gear taht you might use to dig me out some day...I want it very comfy, and something that your going to wear full time :)

my kids thank you for buying the right pack :)

I was looking at packs last year and stumbled upon True Adventure Gear its made by snowmobilers for snowmobilers...They look into the little things that truly benefit snowmobilers. Not to mention I picked mine up at Haydays last year got a steal of a deal somewhere around 40% off list price...

I use and like the True North Adventure Gear Lightning Pack They also support this sight and many other snowmobiling interests. They are also just good people. Highly recommend you take a look.

Back