• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help beating f1000

Well if he's only getting me by a sled length won't a yamacharger add more than a sled length with my clutch. Should I get a ignition box or something to help my excell out or is it fine on its own

LowNslow said:
Well if he's only getting me by a sled length won't a yamacharger add more than a sled length with my clutch. Should I get a ignition box or something to help my excell out or is it fine on its own

Something doesn't sound right to me. But if you think he's really got 200HP and only got you by a sled length, then I'll assume that 50HP is worth 1 sled length. Going with that logic, you'll need to come up with 100HP to be ahead of him by 1 sled length. Lol

Either he has nowhere near 200HP, or he's really poorly set up. Based on your comment that he pulls away at 70mph, I would add more studs. That will only slow you down on the big end.

Good luck.

LowNslow said:

If he's got a true 200hp, you do not have a chance. If he has 170, then you have aq chance.... Sounds like he only has the latter and he is BS'ing you...

f1000 has a cluch kit 204 studs some intake and exhuast porting done, guessing its around 200 horse.
No way he's at 200 horse and beating you by 1 sled length since yours has only a stage 2 clutch and excel exhaust. That F1000 is dialed in perfect...but it still isn't a 200hp sled.

One of these two solutions should do it:
A) "Hello, Arctic Cat dealer?....I want to trade my Yamaha for an F1000...."

-OR-

B) "Hello, Alan Ulmer? Um yea, I need a Yamacharger asap...."

Seriously, do these 3 things and you'll get the job done:
1. Fine tune your clutch. Right after the hole shot you're 400-500 RPM's too low. That's hurting you.
2. Run high octane fuel, not the 87 cheap stuff (it DOES make a difference). And not 87 with a bottle of octane booster. Get 92 octane fuel.
3. YAMACHARGE it :)

You'll go from Lo-N-Slow to High-N-Fast ;-)

I agree with many of the previous posters that he's either got a really poorly running F1000 or something. My modded F7 was faster than my lightly modded Apex, and the F1000 has another 300 cc's of displacement. Unless that diamond drive is that bad....

If you want to consistently beat big two stroke sleds, Turbo Z1's, etc.... you should spend the coin to turbo your apex (if you can afford it). Otherwise, NOS is a less expensive boost for the times you need to race.

I would think that NOS would be better than a Yamcharger...more HP and not too expensive. Use it only when you need it. Unless you're in the middle of a race, the Apex has plenty of HP.

I'm thinking yamacharger cause I don't want to effect the reliability with nos and in November I beat a modded f7 with y pipe after market exhaust studs and a clutch by 2 sled lengths in a grass drag so if I yamacharge it I think I could get the f1000

Grassfirebob said:
f1000 has a cluch kit 204 studs some intake and exhuast porting done, guessing its around 200 horse.
No way he's at 200 horse and beating you by 1 sled length since yours has only a stage 2 clutch and excel exhaust. That F1000 is dialed in perfect...but it still isn't a 200hp sled.

One of these two solutions should do it:
A) "Hello, Arctic Cat dealer?....I want to trade my Yamaha for an F1000...."

-OR-

B) "Hello, Alan Ulmer? Um yea, I need a Yamacharger asap...."

Seriously, do these 3 things and you'll get the job done:
1. Fine tune your clutch. Right after the hole shot you're 400-500 RPM's too low. That's hurting you.
2. Run high octane fuel, not the 87 cheap stuff (it DOES make a difference). And not 87 with a bottle of octane booster. Get 92 octane fuel.
3. YAMACHARGE it :)

You'll go from Lo-N-Slow to High-N-Fast ;-)

How does higher octane in a stock sled improve performance?? With a turbo yes,and to prevent pre-ignition, but a stock sled it does absolutly nothing! I'm not trying to be negative,but higher octane levels are for higher compression ratios. Putting 118octane in a stock sled will not improve performance. Put 93 in a race engine 12:1 you might witness your engine tak.e a sh*t

Back