• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need Help WIth My BTX

Boston RX1

TY 4 Stroke Master
I purchased a 27 BTX 153 used. The owner told me there were two front mounting holes that the skid could be installed in. One was for serious powder and the other one was trail/off trail. I think it had to do with ski pressure. He had it set for powder. While out this winter, i could not steer the sled, there was very little ski pressure. I had my mechanic change the mounting position and the ski could steer with ease. One problem, i kept getting a grinding noise. Off to the dealer to get what I thought was a cog bearing changed. They are telling me that the cog is actually hitting the tunnel and I am unable to use that hole. They put it back into the original hole. Is there any truth to this?

BTX/MTX front arm mount in lower hole , Rear arm mount in middle hole according to service manuel .
Shortening limiter strap will maintain ski pressure and reducing spring tension on front skid shock will increase ski pressure.

Back