• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need input on clutching and gearing for 2019 SRX with 265HP tune!

trdehmer

Country
USA
Snowmobile
SRX/Sidewinder
Friend has a 2019 SRX with 265HP BMP tune with their intake.

Looking for input to get the most HP to the ground for clutching!
Primary Spring
What weights are ideal? Dalton adjustables?

Is the secondary helix good?
What about recommended secondary spring?

Also, likely would re-gear to better gears/chain - what gearing is recommended for 1000' and 1/4 miles runs. Thinking we'd likely gear this thing down.

I know there are multiple ways to skin a cat, but hopefully there is some general consensus on a "clutch kit" that will work well!!

Thx!

Use search above, lots and lots of clutching information.

my buddies and i have 4 new srx's. if running the 265 tune i'd suggest the adjustable weights from 70-76. i bought the dalton dtya1 and the weights without any slugs are too heavy (75g) for the max 16 tune. i can run 8900rpm with the weights empty with the max spool 17.
i tried the green primary and i went back to the stock spring. i left the secondary at 3+3 with stock spring.
i'd leave the stock 21/41 gears in it. when i went to the top 22 tooth and my 2 buddies with the same tunes had stock gearing there was no difference on the radar gun in 1/4 mile lake runs.

The Daltons are on the list.

I feel this thing could use different primary and secondary springs - blew a belt after 500 miles after some racing. So guessing the belts still slip in these, so I'd assume more spring pressure in the secondary would be ideal? Maybe different helix too?

The Daltons are on the list.

I feel this thing could use different primary and secondary springs - blew a belt after 500 miles after some racing. So guessing the belts still slip in these, so I'd assume more spring pressure in the secondary would be ideal? Maybe different helix too?

Put Hurricane alignment bar on it and check clutch offset. My 19 SRX was off 2mm. Misalignment could contribute to the heat also.

Last edited:

Back