• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need Some Expertise

Bigblue1

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder RTX-LE
Apex SE
I was up in Quebec this past weekend....yes in the extreme cold. -26 the night we arrived. Next morning all sleds started fine. Did have a problem for the first time sine I have owned it. I know its been discussed, but I'm trying to eliminate going down a rabbit hole. I have ridden in extreme cold temps before with no issues. Obviously not like this but close. As we started the morning after a long warm up, sled ran fine but when I went to go past 65mph, 1/3 throttle I got some back fire and it pulled power fast. I have a Max 17 tune but have run it for five years with no incident, always cautious with gas and adding octane boost.

Being very cautious given the temps, I backed out immediately, but when I came close again you could feel it was on the edge. The only thing I could think of was I had to loosen the charge tubes to get top shock bolt out to rebuild shocks and though I thought I checked, may have not secured the hoses all the way and was getting some pressure leak or cold air infiltration. No codes came up. I rode it that way fine. Next day started off frigid but it was in a warm garage all night. Temps warmed up to 0 by afternoon so I tried again and same thing. Sled runs great up to that point. I will be looking it over tonight to see if the tubes are on well and tight but any thoughts on this?

Moisture in small lines to sensors in nose of sled would be a good place to start looking

Do you have the dash flashed?
What does boost say? Reading accurate?

Well, not empty headed mechanic after all. The hose that connects to the map senser was disconnected where this silver ring was held on by a nipple off the sensor and an O ring. Brilliant.

Extreme cold must have shrunk O ring.

Attachments

• A1528BFB-194D-44B0-BE3B-FB73D073D7BE.jpeg
    A1528BFB-194D-44B0-BE3B-FB73D073D7BE.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 101
Everything was dry otherwise. I’ll be carrying a spare from now on

Well, not empty headed mechanic after all. The hose that connects to the map senser was disconnected where this silver ring was held on by a nipple off the sensor and an O ring. Brilliant.

Extreme cold must have shrunk O ring.

Do yourself a favor and throw that old 3 bar in the garbage and use the new one without the Alum. nipple and o-ring! Those things should never have been sold by GAP IMO.

Do yourself a favor and throw that old 3 bar in the garbage and use the new one without the Alum. nipple and o-ring! Those things should never have been sold by GAP IMO.
Agreed.

Back