• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need track help

tooold

Extreme
I know its been gone over and over before :oops: but help :roll: I want to up grade my track on 03 rx1 shorty. The boys I ride with al ride 600 polaisass shortys with inch 1/4 to inch 1/2 tracks they make a few trips a year out to the big horns they tell me that I will not be able to keep up OFF TRAIL unless I go with inch 1/2 and not even then because of then weight :? I have a rip saw with my name on it but I have been told it would not help I must have a Paddel track :?: At home here we have very little snow and ride mostly lakes and ditches

Hard to find just the right thing then, eh? Really, I'd think WIDE flotation type skis would help, like Simmons.

Check out www.tracksusa.com for great info on all the Camo stuff available. If you won't run studs, then you should be able to go with a 1.5", good luck!

BTW: My buddy with a 600 Poo and the same track gets stuck much more easily than me. I think its because 2-stroker's power comes on exponentially with button and RX1's power comes on linearly - it means that the 2-stroker is either ON or OFF, and us RX's have everything in between for smoother control.

First off the rx-1 shorties don't run in the really deap stuff unless its in a wide open area and you got your fingers around your thumb. I have the 1.25 track and having more lug digs you down very quick only to get hung up on the running boards. The 1.5 track grabs more, but still digs you down in a hurry. (maybe less aggressive clutching would help) The 1.5 tracks tend to fold rather than dig in when running on hardpacked trails so another thing to consider. If I was you I would find a good 1.25 track and have a happy medium.

Dan

Dano said:
If I was you I would find a good 1.25 track and have a happy medium.

Dan

That's some good advice. While you're at it, go for the 136" extension kit.

The stock track is junk :?: maybe its not worth the change :?: I have never been in deep snow and deep snow to me is 3 feet :?

Back