• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2008 Viking question

ssian

Website
www.stjohns.ca
Well just picked up a brand new 08 RS Viking, Got it for a great deal at the Yamaha Dealer here in St.John's Newfoundland, Also got some accessories also, front skid-plate, rear box, and canvas cover. And 2 years warranty.

Has anyone here got the extra wheel kit under there sled? is it worth the extra $125 dollars?

thanks ian

I Have it, helps keep the hyfax from wearing fast, keeps the slides from "sticking" when you are on hard pack trail or ice.Very simple to install. I think they work well but even better is to have ice scratchers installed along with the extra wheel. I have been in situations where i would not be able to move 20 feet without slides burning and sticking with no loose snow to dip into..., put the ice scratchers and away you go.

ahamay said:
I Have it, helps keep the hyfax from wearing fast, keeps the slides from "sticking" when you are on hard pack trail or ice.Very simple to install. I think they work well but even better is to have ice scratchers installed along with the extra wheel. I have been in situations where i would not be able to move 20 feet without slides burning and sticking with no loose snow to dip into..., put the ice scratchers and away you go.

+1

Great response, listen to this fellow.

Things for your vk

I live on the west coast of the province, DL. I have and 06, those guys are right, buy a pair of ice scrapers. Of all the machines on the snow today this machine will stick first, even when you get a mild and the snow is crystally. You should have a set of 11" skins for the powder of she will dive and plow. The most important thing that I bought for my machine was a new set of ski runners. You will not like the way this machine handles on hard trails, she darts bad! I but on a pair of "Qualipiece" anti-darting runners, worked like a damn!

With 11" skins, extra wheels, ant-darting runners and snow scrapers you will be pretty much prepared for any of the conditions on the island.

Back