• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it pretty set, Viper-cross 2.0 chassis that is actually designed for the triple instead of the Nytro engine shoved in for a lower center of gravity. 1049 stays and either 1049 or 998 with boost. Possibly a 998 triple NA OR Phazer engine OR Both for a well rounded lineup. Vector/Apex around one more year, then redesigned or GONE

Whether you would buy one or not, you have to admit that the Ski-Doo line up for 2017 has got to be one of the most complete that any manufacture has ever offered. Four 2-strokes, 850, 800, 600, 600 carb, and three 4-strokes, 1200, 900 ACE, 600 ACE. I think it was a smart move by skidoo to continue offering the 800 and their new 850.
The only reason they are still offering the old chassis and 800 etec is because o guarantee they have a surplus. Thats why they are only making a limited amount of sleds in the new chassis and keeping the new chassis in the areas that matter most. The high performance trail and mountain segment

sent using my personal communication device

X2! They haven't handled the 2016 1049 rod issue in a way that assures me 2+ 2 = 4. I expect a head-on, buck stops here response insuring me they know exactly what the issue is and exactly how it's not going to happen going forward. Blaming MPI is not cutting it. Sorry.

I think it pretty set, Viper-cross 2.0 chassis that is actually designed for the triple instead of the Nytro engine shoved in for a lower center of gravity. 1049 stays and either 1049 or 998 with boost. Possibly a 998 triple NA OR Phazer engine OR Both for a well rounded lineup. Vector/Apex around one more year, then redesigned or GONE
That's exactly what i think will happen if i was to bet. Hoping for something more though.

4 stroke turbo sleds make up probably less than 5% of the mtn market,mtn riding has changed so much in the last 5 years.
everybody wants to be chris burant these days,your not cool if you dont smash off trees all day long & side hill 90% of the time lol.
One reason some mountain riders said they weren't in favor of turbo fours was not the HP or the weight. It was the sudden "on" with the turbo that made it harder to be precise in carving in trees. Just something i read...

No I won't reveal my source but it's really, really, really good. As said, and I hope not, they could change their minds but it does exist.

12800318_10154002155714357_6685110310287384697_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back